Cranberries with sugar and orange: winter recipe
Cranberries are one of the best sources of vitamins in the winter. Due to the high content of vitamin C, it is an excellent prevention of many colds. It also contains a sufficient amount of vitamins of groups A, B, E. With regular use, blood sugar levels normalize. This article will discuss one of the types of cranberry processing - harvesting for the winter without cooking.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
The fruits have a sour taste with moderate astringency, therefore, in fresh form it is consumed with honey or sugar. Berries of universal use, they make jam, juices, fruit drinks, jams, wipe with sugar and much more. At the time of purchase, special attention should be paid to inspecting the berries for surface damage.
They must be dry, with no signs of rotting and mold. Frozen fruits should not form lumps. Before cooking, they must be thawed. In preparation, cranberries need to be sorted out and washed, removing debris and leaves. After the fruits are completely dry, you can begin to prepare delicious and healthy dishes.
Cranberries with Orange and Sugar Recipe
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- For cooking, take prepared fruits and sugar.
- Oranges must be washed well, dried with a towel and cut off visible thickenings on the skin from the side of the peduncle. Then the citrus needs to be cut into segments and remove the seeds. Each segment is cut into several parts 1-2 cm wide.
- Thawed and prepared cranberries need to be dried once again well from moisture residues.
- Pieces of orange should be ground to the desired consistency using a blender or combine.
- Add berries to the bowl with orange and chop everything well again.
- Then add sugar to taste in this mixture.
- Once again, mix everything thoroughly until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Arrange the jam in previously prepared sterilized jars and store in the refrigerator.
Important! Cranberries, brought to a boil, lose some vitamins, so preference is given to recipes without the use of cooking.
Fresh berries can be stored at room temperature for a month, if pour cold water. They can also be frozen, while maintaining vitamins and taste throughout the year.
When choosing recipes for winter preparations, many housewives prefer cranberries. It goes well with orange and lemon. When sugar is added, the berries will become a tasty and healthy treat for children. The fruits retain their beneficial properties for a long time during freezing and do not cause difficulties in preparation.