Gooseberry and orange recipes: homemade preparations for the winter
Gooseberries are not only tasty, but also healthy berries, which, moreover, is considered dietary. It contains many vitamins and other beneficial components. To enjoy the product not only in season, there are a number of options for processing berries. Recipes for winter preparations of gooseberries with orange are most popular because they are known for their ease of preparation at home. Such a dessert will be filled with a delicate aroma, exceptional taste, and also retain its healing properties.
Gooseberry variety selection and pre-preparation of ingredients
To make the treat as tasty as possible and preserve as many useful elements as possible, it is important not only to clearly follow the cooking instructions, but also to be able to choose the right berry. It is equally important not to neglect the rules of preparation for its direct processing. There are several varieties of gooseberries, in connection with which the berries can have different tastes. So, it can have yellow, white, red or green color.
Important! Red berries taste best, but green ones have the most beneficial ingredients.
The level of maturity and choice of gooseberry variety depends on the variety of the recipe. The most popular is the workpiece, which does not require heat treatment and cooking. All the qualities of the berries with this cooking method are fully preserved.
In this case, well-ripened fruits are much better. Overripe berries that have lost their shape should not be avoided, as in the future they will be completely ground, and the taste of such fruits will be much brighter. Before starting work, each ingredient should be carefully prepared. You need to do this in several stages.
Gooseberry preparation is as follows:
- First, the berries are sorted, removing damaged or rotten fruits.
- Cleared of stalks and twigs
- Rinse thoroughly, for best effect, leave in water for 30 minutes.
- Dry well with a paper towel.
Important! The use of stalks does not harm the body, therefore, eating fresh gooseberries, it is not necessary to peel the berries from them.
In addition to the main ingredient, it is also important to take care of the other components of the dessert.
Before use, orange is recommended:
- In its original form, pour boiling water.
- Divide into 6–8 equal pieces.
- Get rid of bones and internal white fibers (neglect of this rule can lead to bitterness of the finished dessert).
Some recipes also use lemon in addition. Product preparation consists of the same steps as presented above.
Gooseberry recipes with orange recipes
There are several options for making dessert for the winter. In order for the berry to retain its useful properties, recipes are selected without heat treatment, which means processing raw berries in various forms.
Did you know? Gooseberries contain vitamins of groups A, B, C, as well as other micro and macro elements. It is known for its laxative, choleretic and diuretic properties. It will be useful to people who have kidney problems, diseases of the bladder and liver.
Fresh gooseberries with orange mashed with sugar
2 L 30 min.
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Prepare all ingredients following the instructions above. Peel the orange.
- Next, chop fresh gooseberries. You can wipe it with a blender, food processor or ordinary meat grinder with a fine grill.
- Repeat with orange.
- Mix mashed berries and fruits, put in a large container.
- Add sugar to the resulting mass. If cane sugar is used, you need to take it in less quantity, otherwise the taste will be cloyingly sweet.
- Stir the mixture thoroughly until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Leave the dessert for 10-12 hours to insist, periodically stirring with a wooden spatula.
- After the indicated time, place the gooseberry and orange puree in clean, dry jars, tightly cover with lids. However, it is not worth tightly closing the rubbed berries. To create good air circulation, the cans can only be slightly covered.
Important! Before closing the cans with lids, the prepared mass should be crushed with a small amount of sugar. This procedure will protect the dessert from possible fermentation and prevent it from deteriorating. Sugar film will become a kind of «a barrier», which will exclude the penetration and further growth of bacteria.
Gooseberries candied with orange
1.8 L30 min.
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Arrange pre-cooked ingredients. In this recipe, it is better to choose a sweet gooseberry variety. This combination will best reveal the taste of each ingredient.
- Divide the orange into slices.
- Skip the fruit with the skin through a meat grinder. To get a more uniform texture, repeat the process several times using the smallest grating.
- Next, skip gooseberries. As a result, you get a fragrant berry mixture.
- After this, add sugar, evenly sprinkling them with the finished mass. The amount of sugar depends not only on your taste preferences, but also on the dessert storage mode - the lower the temperature, the less sweetener is used.
- After a few hours, mix thoroughly. Repeat the procedure several times. Leave for a day.
Video recipeGooseberries candied with orangeVideo Recipe: Gooseberries candied with orange
Important! Instead of an orange, lemon is also suitable for this recipe. Such a component will give it even greater acidity. Therefore, this option is ideal for those who prefer less sweet desserts. But lemon, unlike the original component, must be peeled, because lemon zest can spoil the taste of the finished dessert.
Terms and conditions of storage of blanks
You can eat a delicious and healthy dessert immediately or make reserves for the winter. The traditional version of gooseberries does not require special storage conditions. But in the absence of heat treatment, the dessert is not very well stored without cooling. Therefore, it is recommended to store such blanks in a dark, dry and well-ventilated place.
With increased humidity and high temperature, mold may appear on the surface of the dessert. Jars of goodies should also not be stored near the battery. Adhering to the correct storage conditions, it can be stored for more than a year.
Grated berries for long-term storage should be kept in the refrigerator. The less sugar added to the dessert, the higher the temperature should be set. A freezer is best for this. In this case, the gooseberry will retain its taste, and the storage period of the finished dessert will be longer.
Did you know? By the percentage of ascorbic acid, gooseberries are ahead of only black currants.
Gooseberry and orange billets are characterized by their harmonious taste and aroma. Such a delicious and healthy dessert will be a great addition to your table at any time of the year.Useful properties of the product will help you get rid of toxins in the body, and the vitamin C contained in it will help to cope during a cold.