The use of ginger with health benefits in old age
Spicy ginger is not only a spicy spice, which is often used in cooking, but also an effective therapeutic agent. The use of the root of this plant over the age of 50-60 helps to strengthen the body and helps prevent a number of diseases associated with the natural aging process. Features of the chemical composition of the root crop and its effect on the weakening body of the elderly, as well as the best folk recipes with a therapeutic effect and recommendations for their use are listed in our article.
Useful properties of ginger
A distinctive feature of ginger is a peculiar burning taste, but if used correctly, this product can have a positive effect on an aging human body.
In old age, many organs and tissues wear out, provoking the development of various diseases, so during this period it is especially important to provide the body with necessary vitamins and nutrients.The source of such useful elements can be various products with ginger, prepared independently according to folk recipes.
Did you know? Residents of China, England and Burma make chow-chow jam from burning ginger, adding orange peel to it.
Read more about the chemical composition of this root crop and its effect on the human body at an older age - later in the article.
The positive effect of ginger on the human body is due to its rich chemical composition, in which there are many elements valuable to humans.
The described product is suitable for external and internal use, and also refers to low-calorie, contributing to the fight against fats.Nutrition value of 100 g of a product:
- calorie content - 80 kcal;
- squirrels - 1.82 g;
- fats - 0.75 g;
- carbohydrates - 15.77 g;
- alimentary fiber - 2 g;
- water - 78.9 g;
- ash - 0.77 g.
The chemical composition of the rhizome is represented by such components:
- vitamins - B1, B2, B4, B5, B6, B9, C, E, K, PP;
- macrocells - potassium, calcium, magnesium, sodium, phosphorus;
- trace elements - iron, manganese, copper, selenium, zinc;
- monosaccharides and disaccharides;
- essential amino acids - arginine, valine, histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, threonine, tryptophan, phenylalanine;
- essential amino acids - alanine, aspartic acid, glycine, glutamic acid, proline, serine, tyrosine, cysteine;
- saturated fatty acids - caprylic, lauric, myristic, palmitic, stearic;
- monounsaturated fatty acids - palmitoleic, Omega-9;
- polyunsaturated fatty acids - linoleic, linolenic, Omega-3, Omega-6.
Effect on the human body in old age
In the absence of contraindications and proper use, ginger brings great benefits to an elderly person. The product in question has a beneficial effect on the condition of many organs and helps to normalize the basic processes of life.
Important! When cleaning the root crop, the peel should be removed as thinly as possible, since it contains useful essential oils.
- Significant directions of action of the root crop on the body of an elderly person are presented below:
- strengthening - due to the high content of vitamins and nutrients it supports the immune system, contributes to the normal functioning of organs;
- soothing - contains essential oils that help to cope with stress and aggression;
- anti-inflammatory - blocks the reproduction of pathogenic microflora, promotes wound healing;
- antibacterial - prevents the growth of pathogenic bacteria that cause various diseases;
- anesthetic - eliminates pain associated with age-related diseases (rheumatism, radiculitis, etc.);
- tonic - gives the body vitality, helping to prevent a breakdown;
- anti-aging - slows down the natural processes of aging;
- antioxidant - prevents the development of malignant tumors that occur in old age.
The benefits of ginger for women and men after 50-60 years
After 50 years, the human body wears out, which is often accompanied by the occurrence or exacerbation of various ailments, as well as excess weight gain.
Ginger contains vitamins and many useful elements that have a healing effect on many organs and help to improve well-being.
- The beneficial properties of root vegetables for older men and women are listed below:
- promotes blood thinning;
- prevents the growth of cancerous tumors;
- improves the functioning of the central nervous system;
- normalizes the amount of sugar in the blood, preventing the development of diabetes;
- improves the condition of the joints;
- protects the gastric mucosa from inflammation;
- supports the tone of muscle fibers;
- prevents the formation of cholesterol plaques in the blood;
- relieves fatigue;
- normalizes blood pressure;
- prevents constipation;
- improves metabolism;
- helps to cope with excess weight;
- strengthens the gums and tooth enamel;
- helps to remove excess fluid from the body, preventing the occurrence of edema;
- strengthens the heart and blood vessel walls;
- Helps overcome stress and depression.
Tonic and immunostimulating agents
At the age of 50-60, the human body partially loses its ability to withstand viruses and diseases, and also quickly gets tired of physical and nervous tension.This process is accompanied by a weakening of immunity and the development of chronic fatigue, which causes a constant feeling of weakness or drowsiness.
You can tone the body and strengthen your immune system with the help of effective folk remedies from ginger, the recipes of which are listed below:
- Throw in a teapot 1 tsp. grated root vegetables and 1 teaspoon of any dry tea, add a few slices of lemon and 1 teaspoon of honey, pour the ingredients with 250 ml of hot water. Insist tea for 5 minutes, drink in the morning and in the afternoon for 1 cup.
- Add 1 teaspoon of crushed root to a thermos with 30 g of raisins, dried apricots and other dried fruits, add 3 teaspoons of black tea leaves, a pinch of cinnamon and 2-3 slices of lemon. Pour boiling water over the container, infuse the mixture for 15 minutes. Drink tea throughout the day, adding honey before drinking.
- Slices of fresh ginger (approximately 400 g) put on the bottom of a clean and transparent container, pour 500 ml of vodka and insist in a cool place for 7 days. Strain and drink the resulting product for 1 hour 2 times a day before breakfast and dinner.
- Grind in a blender or in a meat grinder 3 whole lemons and 300 g of peeled root crop, add 200 g of liquid honey. Store the resulting mass in the refrigerator, using it every morning for 1 tbsp. for 30 days.
Did you know? The healing properties of ginger were first described by the Muslim scientist Abu Ali Ibn Sina (Avicenna) in the X century.
Soothing and relaxing remedies
In old age, a person is more susceptible to stress, which often occurs in combination with insomnia, irritated state and depression.
Ginger root is a natural analogue of pharmacy sedatives, helping to improve a bad mood and cope with negative emotions.Ginger soothing recipes are presented below:
- Add a small root crop and 20 g of fresh strawberries into a teapot, cut into thin slices, add 150 g of dry green tea and pour 500 ml of boiling water into a container. Let the drink brew for 5 minutes, and before use add honey and a few slices of lemon to the cup.
- Mix 4 parts of dry black tea with 1 part of chopped rhizomes and 1 part of cinnamon powder, add sugar to taste and pour 500-600 ml of boiling water over the mixture.Insist tea for 10 minutes, and before use add to it a slice of lemon and 1-2 leaves of mint.
- Grate half a small root crop and add it to the stewpan with 1 liter of water, boil the mixture. After 2-3 minutes after boiling add 5-6 hours of dry green tea and a few slices of lemon, remove the drink from the heat and leave it for 10 minutes. Drink with honey or sugar.
- At the bottom of the cup, place 10 g of chopped ginger, 1 teaspoon of dry green tea, a cinnamon stick, a slice of lemon and 1 star anise star. Add 250 ml of boiling water to the dry ingredients, infuse tea for 5 minutes, add honey to taste before use.
- Grate a small piece of root vegetables, add a few slices of lemon, 3 boxes of cardamom and a couple of star anise stars to it. Pour the ingredients with 500 ml of boiling water, let the drink brew for about 10 minutes. Before use, add 1 teaspoon of honey to a cup.
Important! Ginger drinks are not recommended at night, as they can cause insomnia.
Ginger root is an effective aid for cleaning vessels. After 50 years, fat deposits often form on their inner surface, which impede blood flow and can provoke diseases of the cardiovascular system.The recipes for the simplest ginger cleansers are listed below:
- Grind in a blender 300 g of root vegetables, 1 lemon and a few tablespoons of honey. The resulting mass is stored at a temperature of +1 ... + 4 ° C, using it for 1-3 tbsp. in a day.
- Grind 50 g of rhizome and as many peeled garlic cloves, add lemon juice and honey to taste. Take the mixture 1 hour 3 times a day after meals.
- Mix 1 tbsp. dry ginger powder with 20 g of crushed walnuts and 120 g of honey, squeeze the juice of 1 lemon into the mixture. Insist the drug for 10-12 hours, and then use it 1 hour 3 times a day.
- Grind 20 g of rhizome and pour it with 1 liter of boiling water, add honey and cinnamon to taste, 1-2 slices of lemon. Drink tea 2 times a day in portions of 200 ml 60 minutes before eating.
- Mix 20 g of cinnamon and 10 g of fresh grated ginger, add 1 liter of kefir. Drink the drink 2-3 times a day, 200 ml 2 hours after a meal.
Use in cosmetology
Ginger rhizome contains many components that help to preserve beauty and youth for a long time.therefore often used in cosmetology. In old age, women's skin becomes less elastic, wrinkles, stretch marks and cellulite appear on it.
- Ginger helps to slow down the natural aging process, providing a whole range of actions on the body:
- opens and cleanses pores;
- slows down the process of destruction of the skin;
- improves complexion, eliminating acne and inflammation;
- restores the skin's natural protective barrier;
- promotes the production of collagen, responsible for the elasticity of the skin;
- accelerates the process of burning fat cells, preventing the appearance of cellulite;
- stimulates blood circulation, enriching skin cells with oxygen;
- helps fight stretch marks.
Did you know? In addition to the usual white ginger, there is also a black look of this root crop. It is a sun-dried rhizome with a particularly burning taste.
In cosmetology, ginger is most often used for the preparation of anti-aging scrubs, masks and bathtubs. The most popular cosmetic recipes from this product are described later in the article.
Masks with lifting effect
From ginger, you can make cosmetic masks that help smooth out wrinkles and increase the tone of the skin.
Such products have a natural composition, effectively eliminate sagging skin and even out its color, helping women to maintain beauty and youth, even in old age.The recipes for ginger masks with a lifting effect are listed below:
- Mix grated root vegetables and olive oil in equal amounts. Apply mass on face, keep for about 10 minutes.The prepared product can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
- Grate a small piece of rhizome, mixing it with 4 tbsp. honey. For oily skin, add 3 thin slices of lemon to the resulting mass, and for dry - 3 tbsp. chopped spinach leaves. Keep the mask on your face for 15-20 minutes.
- Cook a mushy mass, taking 1 tbsp. chopped fresh ginger, honey and kefir, add 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Apply to the skin to effectively eliminate inflammation.
- Grate 40 g of the root on a grater, adding 15 ml of pomegranate juice to it, and then apply the mass on the face and hold for about 20 minutes.
- Grind 5 g of ginger, adding 5 g of honey, 5 ml of lemon juice, 30 g of sour cream and a few capsules of vitamin E. Apply the mask on the face for 20 minutes about 3 times a week.
- Mix 5 ml of cocoa butter, apricot kernels and sesame seeds, 20 g of grated rhizomes and 5 ml of liquid vitamin E. This mask can be applied at night, leaving it on the face until morning.
- Grind 100 g of spinach leaves, 50 g of ginger, 25 g of mint and 1 banana in a blender, add 60 g of honey to the mixture. Apply the resulting mass 2 times a week for 15-20 minutes.
- Grind half a ripe avocado and the same amount of lemon, add 5 g of ginger powder. Apply the mask once every 7 days, applying it for 15 minutes.
- Mix 40 g of grated root vegetables with 20 g of sea salt, add 20 ml of orange juice and olive oil. Keep the mask on your face for 20 minutes, the frequency of use - 2 times a week.
- Prepare a mushy mass of 30 g of chopped root vegetables, 15 g of cinnamon, 10 ml of grapefruit juice and 15 g of almond oil. Apply to skin for 15–20 minutes.
- Heat 20 ml of cream, dissolving 10 g of gelatin and 5 g of honey in them, squeeze 5 ml of juice from fresh rhizome into the resulting mass. Apply on aging skin for 20 minutes at intervals of 1 time in 7 days.
Important! After applying the ginger mask, a characteristic redness appears on the skin of the face, which occurs as a result of the warming and tonic effect of the product.
In cosmetology, ginger is often used as an ingredient in a variety of scrubs. Cooked products smooth wrinkles and cleanse the skin, slow down the aging process.therefore indispensable for women over 50 years old.The simplest and most effective recipes for scrubs with this root crop are presented below:
- Mix in equal quantities dry ground ginger and nutmeg, cinnamon powder and sea salt, and then add water to form a pulp of medium density. To apply a scrub on slightly moistened skin massaging clockwise.
- Prepare a mixture of 1 tbsp. ground coffee and the same amount of grated root vegetables. Instead of pulp of ginger, you can take its juice.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of ginger powder with 2 tbsp. honey, apply the product to problem areas of the body.
- Put in a saucepan 50 ml of coconut oil and 1 tbsp. grated rhizomes, warm the mass over low heat for 6-7 minutes. Remove the stewpan from the stove, allow the liquid to cool to room temperature. Strain the mixture, and then add 50 g of sea salt and almond oil, 150 g of cane sugar and a few drops of orange oil to it. Apply scrub with light massaging movements.
- Prepare a mushy mixture of 2 parts of dry ginger powder, 2 tbsp. sea salt, 2 tbsp. olive oil and 1 tbsp. liquid honey. Apply the product with light massage movements to areas with cellulite.
Important! Ginger scrub is recommended to be applied on clean intact skin no more than 2 times a week, and the exposure time should be 5-7 minutes.
To cheer up and speed up fat metabolism, you can take ginger baths. They give a good effect in combination with diets, as they stimulate the metabolism and remove excess fluid from the body., and also improve the general condition of the skin, contribute to the treatment of gynecological diseases and help to cope with stress.The most common ginger bath recipes are listed below:
- Place in a stewpan 2 tbsp.grated rhizomes, pour 1 liter of water and boil. Add the resulting broth to the filled bath.
- Pour 0.5 tbsp. grated root vegetables 1 liter of hot water (but not boiling water!), insist for 20 minutes, strain. Pour the resulting broth into the filled bath, adding 0.5 tbsp. soda and apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare a ginger broth according to the previous recipe, mix it with 1 liter of milk. Add the mixture to a bath of water.
- Mix in a deep container 5 l of water, 1 tbsp. grated root vegetables, mint and lemon balm, as well as 0.5 tbsp. yarrow and calamus swamp, boil the resulting mixture over low heat for 30 minutes. Allow the broth to cool, strain it through cheesecloth and add to the bath with hot water.
Ginger baths are recommended to be taken within 20 minutes 2 times a week, and the duration of one course is 30 days.
Normalization of potency
With age, men decrease the level of sex hormones in the blood, which leads to a decrease in sexual energy and a decrease in potency.
- Ginger root has a beneficial effect on male power, as it:
- increases the level of testosterone in the blood, increasing sexual desire;
- improves sperm quality by stimulating the production of sex hormones;
- prevents the development of inflammation of the prostate gland;
- stimulates blood flow in the prostate and pelvic organs, supporting erectile function;
- strengthens the nervous system, increasing the man’s confidence in his sexual strength.
Recipes of root vegetables for increasing potency in old age are listed below:
- Mix 50 g of fresh ginger and 50 g of honey, use the product for 1 hour per day, dissolving the mixture until it is completely dissolved.
- Mix 100 g of grated root vegetables and 300 ml of alcohol, infuse the product in a dark place for 10-14 days. Take the received tincture every evening for 10 drops.
- Mix ginger powder, linden flowers, lemon balm and sage leaves in equal proportions, and then pour 1 h of dry mixture with 200 ml of boiling water. Infuse the drink for 10 minutes, add honey to taste before use.
- To beat in a blender 200 g of fresh root vegetables and 2 lemons, previously peeled, add 200 g of honey. Store the resulting product in the refrigerator, adding it to tea for 1-2 tsp.
- Put 500 g of ginger sliced into thin slices in a jar, pour boiling marinade (1 teaspoon salt in 2 liters of water), let it brew for 5 minutes. Drain the marinade from the jar, dissolve 3.5 tbsp. sugar and 200 ml of rice vinegar, and then re-pour into a container with pieces of root. Insist the product for a day, and then consume 2-3 slices of the pickled product per day.
- Fold in a thermos 2 tbsp. grated root vegetables, add the juice of 1 lemon and 1.5 liters of boiling water there, let it brew for 25-30 minutes. Drink the drink after eating, adding 1 teaspoon of honey to it.
- Pour the chopped rhizome with boiling water (2 tbsp ginger per 1 liter of liquid), insist for half an hour, and before use add a slice of lemon and 1 hour. Drink tea after eating.
- Pour 1 tbsp. grated ginger 1 liter of water, boil the mixture on the stove for 10 minutes, then add the juice of 1 lemon and 1.5 tbsp. honey, removing the drink from the fire. Cool the product, use it after eating up to 3 times a day.
Important! To increase potency, you can add a pinch of grated ginger to morning coffee, drinking it daily after breakfast.
Normalization of metabolic processes in the body after 50-60 years with ginger
After 50 years, the metabolic rate in the body decreases, so older people often suffer from the problem of being overweight.
Using ginger, you can not only effectively cope with extra pounds, but also improve digestion, stimulating the active work of the gastrointestinal tract.To normalize metabolic processes in the body of an elderly person, you can use such recipes with root crops:
- Place in a stewpan 2 tbsp. grated rhizomes, add to it 60 ml of lemon juice and 1-2 hours.honey, pour a mixture of 1 liter of boiling water. Allow the drink to brew for an hour, and then drink it throughout the day.
- Cut a small piece of ginger and 2 garlic cloves into thin slices, pour 2 liters of boiling water and insist in a thermos for about 20 minutes. Strain tea through cheesecloth before use.
- Grind a small piece of root vegetables in a blender together with 60 g of fresh mint leaves, add 0.5 parts of dry cardamom and 0.5 liters of boiling water. Let the drink brew for half an hour, and then strain it through cheesecloth, add 50 g of lemon and orange juice. Use the product chilled throughout the day.
- Add 2 teaspoons of dried green tea leaves and a pinch of dried ginger to the teapot, pour a capacity of 250 ml of boiling water and let the drink brew for 30 minutes. Drink hot tea.
- Cut into small slices 100 g of fresh root vegetables, 100 g of celery, 200 g of baked beets, 200 g of lemon, 300 g of fresh carrots. Mix all the ingredients, adding to them the zest of orange and a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil. Eat salad 2 times a week without salt.
The amount of ginger drink for weight loss should not exceed 2 liters per day.
Did you know? About 50% of global ginger production is in China and India.
Contraindications for the use of ginger
In some cases, ginger can cause serious harm to the human body, so before using the root crop, you need to carefully study the list of possible contraindications.
- The described product is prohibited to use in such cases:
- diseases of the stomach and intestines, accompanied by inflammation of the mucous membrane (gastritis, ulcer, colitis) - ginger irritates the internal integument of these organs, which can cause pain;
- diabetes mellitus - the root crop affects blood sugar, therefore it is contraindicated in diabetics;
- open wounds in the oral cavity - the burning taste of the product will intensify pain;
- the presence of stones in the kidneys or gall bladder - ginger has a diuretic effect, which can cause stone movement and clogging of the ducts;
- liver disease - the use of root crops increases the load on this organ;
- bleeding of various nature - the product stimulates blood circulation, which will increase blood loss;
- heart disease (coronary heart disease, heart attack, heart failure) - ginger increases blood flow to the heart muscle, which can cause an exacerbation of the disease;
- individual intolerance to the product - manifests itself in the form of edema, urticaria, nausea or shortness of breath.
Important! In the absence of contraindications, the daily allowable dose of ginger for an adult is 2 g for every 1 kg of body weight.
Numerous positive reviews about ginger indicate that it is a real find for men and women over 50, helping to enrich the body with useful substances and get rid of many ailments.
Using the recipes and recommendations listed in the article on the use of root crops, you can permanently maintain good health and improve well-being even in old age.