Wild forest raspberries: a botanical description, application
Without a doubt, raspberries are considered one of the most delicious berries. Both adults and children love her. The fruits are used in many culinary dishes in both natural and processed conditions. Forest raspberries growing in forests, has an excellent taste and contains a lot of nutrients. It is eaten, used for medicinal purposes and used in the beauty industry. This fragrant berry culture will be discussed later in the review.
Botanical description, growth environment
Most people think that raspberries are shrubs, but they are not. Common raspberries belong to the Rosaceae family, that is, it is close to roses, and botanists attribute it to shrubs.
The branches of this plant are spiked rods. The leaves are bright green, the back of which is light, almost white. The flowering of the shrub is observed several times during the summer period. The first flowers can be seen in early June, and the last fade in September.
In the middle of the first month of summer, fruits appear. There are two varieties of raspberries: garden and forest (wild). Forest berries are much smaller than their "cultural counterparts." The bushes of the plant can grow in places with a high level of humidity - near water bodies, in swamps, near streams.
Did you know? The world leader in raspberry cultivation is Russia. Serbia and the USA followed by a wide margin.
In addition to cooking, the fruits of the plant are used to treat various diseases. Moreover, not only berries are beneficial, but also leaves, roots and branches of a wild plant.
What is the name of
About 100 species of this plant grow in the world. In Russian forests you can only find raspberries. This species has two subspecies - raspberry red and raspberry bristly. The latter grows in America, and red - in our latitudes.
The composition of berries includes a large number of various organic and inorganic compounds, minerals and useful substances, namely:
- B vitamins;
- vitamin C;
- Vitamin E
- malic and salicylic, tartaric and citric acids;
- wine alcohol;
- amino acids;
- fats and essential oils.
Important! Purines in berries can provoke an attack of gout and adversely affect the kidneys.
- Due to the fact that forest raspberries include so many useful and biologically active substances, its berries have the following medicinal properties:
- Raspberry fruits have pronounced antibacterial properties - due to the presence of many organic acids and beneficial phytoncides.
- The berries of the plant have pronounced diaphoretic and antipyretic properties.
- The presence of ascorbic acid in the fruits of the plant helps to strengthen the immune system.
- A significant content of antioxidants in berries "triggers the mechanism" of the neutralization of toxins in the tissues of the body.
- Eating raspberries has a positive effect on the cardiovascular system.
- Raspberry quenches thirst well and saturates the body tissues with oxygen.
Application in traditional medicine
The berries of wild raspberries are successfully used not only in culinary delights, but also for medical purposes. Raspberries are widely used in traditional medicine recipes.. There are many options for using the plant to treat a variety of diseases.
It is recommended to use a variety of products from raspberry fruits, leaves or flowers with the addition of other medicinal plants, honey, citrus fruits, which will help provide the body with vitamins, organic acids, trace elements.
If a woman is in a prenatal state, then the use of wild raspberry fruits is strongly recommended, since they improve the course of labor, causing contractions of the cervix. In ancient times, women "at birth" consumed raspberries, which contributed to a more "easier" relief from the burden.Raspberry fruits are good for colds.. For example, raspberry jam is advised to use during fever, fever, with a runny nose or cough.
At high temperature, a decoction of berries and leaves of a shrub helps well. It effectively reduces body temperature. You can drink raspberry tea, which is brewed from the upper parts of raspberry stems, leaves, berries and flowers of the plant. In order to prevent hypertension, gastrointestinal disorders, you need to eat 1 cup of fresh wild berry before eating.
A special infusion, which is made from dried fruits, accelerates recovery from viral diseases and flu. To make a healthy drink, you need to take 100 g of dried berries and pour them with three glasses of boiling water (for 35 minutes). Before drinking this infusion, it is filtered through cheesecloth, and consumed before going to bed.
Did you know? Due to the high content of copper (Cu) in the berries, raspberries are a recognized natural antidepressant.
Berries, leaves and flowers of wild forest raspberries are widely used in home cosmetology. Representatives of the beautiful half of humanity use products from them as masks, lotions, compresses, etc.
For cosmetic purposes, they often use juice from wild berries. So that it is stored for a long time in the winter, the juice is preserved in a special way, adding glycerin or sorbitol to it. 15 ml of one of the above chemicals is dissolved in 50 ml of boiling water and added to a glass of raspberry juice.
Simple and effective “beauty recipes”.
- Raspberry berries must be grated and squeezed juice from them. This liquid is used as a means to improve the structure of the external integument, the application of which refreshes the face, fights against acne, whitens freckles. For a good effect, you need to wipe the face with the juice obtained three times a day.
- In freshly squeezed or canned raspberry juice, moisten cotton pads and cover their face for 15–20 minutes. If the skin is dry, then before applying the mask, you can moisturize your face with cream or greasy cream. This procedure makes the skin more light, supple and clean, without wrinkles.
- Dissolve 1 teaspoon of forest raspberry juice in freshly chopped chicken yolk. Apply a nourishing cream to moisturized skin, and then apply the above mask using a gauze napkin. Soak the composition for 15 minutes, and then rinse thoroughly with warm water. Such a mask improves the structure of the skin, increases its elasticity, evens out color.
- The manifestation of acne on the face can be minimized as follows. Dried raspberry berries pour boiling water (in a ratio of 1:20), insist for 20 minutes and strain through cheesecloth. A napkin soaked in this infusion is applied to the face for 15 minutes. The procedure is carried out in a course of 20 consecutive days.
Important! Store fresh berries in sealed containers. This will not allow odors to soak the delicate berry.
How to prepare for the winter
Wild raspberries are so tasty and healthy that it is recommended to use it all year round. For this, the fruits must be properly harvested for the winter.
Rinse fresh berries with water, dry on a towel, pack in plastic bags for freezing and place in the freezer. The product can be stored for a long time, retaining all its nutritional and medicinal properties.
Fresh with sugar
This method of long-term storage of fruits perfectly preserves all the useful properties of raspberries. However, it is not suitable for people with diabetes.
So, 1 kg of granulated sugar and the same amount of fresh berries must be brought to a uniform state using a mixer. Keep the dish in a closed container in the refrigerator.
This familiar dish from childhood is known to every person. Such a dish can be saved for more than one year, and it is made very easy.
You need to take 1 kg of fresh forest raspberries, 1 lemon and 1 kg of sugar. Mix all of the listed components, boil for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Then pour the product into sterile glass jars and seal it tightly.
This simple and refreshing drink can be stored for several years. Despite some loss of nutrients during the cooking process, compote will bring a considerable share of vitamins and minerals to your daily diet.
So, pour 1 kg of berries with 3 liters of boiling water, add 450 g of granulated sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil, and cook it for 15 minutes. Pour the hot compote into sterile jars and immediately close with metal lids using a special key.
- It should be borne in mind that:
- the use of all parts of a forest plant can provoke severe allergic manifestations;
- if a person has a disease of the gastrointestinal tract (ulcer or gastritis), then forest fruits cannot be eaten;
- due to the strong diuretic effect, berries should not be eaten by people with diseased kidneys.
Forest raspberries are a healthy plant that can be widely used. It can give you a feast of taste, ease the course of the common cold and make you more attractive.