Enrosadira - a variety of repair raspberries: appearance, pros and cons
Raspberries are a very healthy and tasty berry. Among gardeners, repairing varieties are very much appreciated. After all, they bear fruit twice a year. For several consecutive years Enrosadira is considered the best variety of repair raspberries.
Enrosadir's Repairing Raspberries - Features
The plant first appeared in 2004 in Italy, and very quickly became popular. Berries do not decay, do not lose color and taste, are stored for a long time. Thanks to the described properties, they are ideal for winter workpieces.
Did you know? If a branch with unripe raspberries is cut and put in water, then the berries will ripen.
Appearance, size of berries, productivity
On the old shoots, the first crop ripens in June, and on the young in July. Bushes bear fruit until mid-November. Berries weighing 6-8 g, bright red color, conical shape. Enrosadira has a good yield and is suitable for growing in tunnels. On average, up to 1 kg of fruit can be collected from each shoot.
Advantages and disadvantages of the variety
- The main advantages of the described berries are as follows:
- environmentally friendly product due to resistance to diseases and insects;
- well tolerate transportation without losing an attractive appearance;
- stored for a long time;
- the fruits are large and aromatic;
- high productivity;
- give two full crops a year.
- exactingness to soil fertility;
- the crop may not ripen in the early winter;
- need to be watered regularly.
Video: Enrosadira - the best repairing raspberry variety
Raspberry bush lives about 10 years. For him, choose solar areas protected from the winds.
The right place to plant is the key to a good harvest.
The soil must meet certain requirements:
- the soil should not be heavy and loose in order to pass water well;
- occurrence of groundwater not higher than 1.5 m;
- the earth must have many nutrients;
- before planting, the soil needs to be well fertilized.
In addition to a careful selection of soil, it is worth paying attention to other important indicators:
- the site should be with good lighting, but at the same time protect the fruits from direct sunlight and wind;
- raspberries cannot be planted in closed valleys; cold air accumulates there;
- high hills are also not suitable for planting, they are blown by the wind and the bushes can freeze;
- You can not plant sprouts in the soil where tomatoes, eggplant, cucumbers, peppers, and potatoes used to grow.
Often, beans are sown before planting on the plantation. They become a good green fertilizer.
Landing and care
Raspberries are planted in trenches 40 cm deep and 50 cm wide. They are seasoned with compost. Between the rows of raspberries you need to retreat about 2 m. So the roots will develop well, and it will be easier to harvest. The bushes are planted so that the root neck is at ground level. If you deepen the plant, it will die. And in the case of a shallow planting, the root buds will dry.
You can not plant a plant on too wet ground. It is better to do this on raised beds, and to provide additional runoff of water, which accumulates in the furrows. After planting, be sure to pour raspberries.
Enrosadir needs constant watering and top dressing. Although this variety does not tolerate excessive moisture. For this reason, you need to water it once a week, so that the earth is wet about half a meter.
During fruiting, such raspberries require twice as many nutrients as usual. Three times a season, the soil is watered with diluted chicken manure or manure. In spring, the soil is saturated with nitrogen, and in the summer with potash fertilizers.
Important! When the fruits are tied, you need to regularly water the bushes, but a couple of days before the harvest is better to skip the procedure. So the berries will become sweeter.
Pest and Disease Control
This variety is resistant to major diseases and damage by pests. But in the autumn season, shoots are vulnerable to infection with gray mold. This is a rather dangerous disease. After all, it affects berries and provokes their decay. It arises due to dampness. To get rid of gray rot, damaged berries and branches need to be cut and burned.
Gray rot on raspberries:
And for prevention, survivors should be treated with special chemicals (for example, Bordeaux liquid), but this can be done before the appearance of berries next year. If the disease has become widespread, then you have to get rid of raspberries and plant bushes in a new place.
The tapestry method is applied in the second year after planting. It allows you to get a better crop. Two-meter pillars are set at a distance of 5-10 m from each other. A galvanized wire is pulled between them. The first is stretched at a height of 1 m, and the second is 1.5 m from the ground.
Pruning and wintering
If you want to harvest one crop, then in late autumn or early spring bushes are pruned. You can not leave hemp. They start insects and infections. But in the case of a double crop, sanitary pruning is also performed. Biennial and damaged shoots are removed.
For winter, raspberries are removed from the trellises and make shelter from cardboard or pine conifer. At the bottom, the branches are protected with polyethylene. After all, harm to the plant in winter is caused not only by frost, but also by rodents.
Important! In autumn, you can not make nitrogen, so as not to slow down the growing season and not interfere with wintering.
There are several ways to propagate repair raspberries:
- green cuttings: Cuttings cut in early summer should be soaked in Kornevin, covered with soil and covered with foil. Seedlings are regularly watered. After rooting, planted on the beds;
- root cuttings: in the autumn, dig up root cuttings so that in spring a new bush is obtained from them;
- root division: seedlings are dug in the summer during thinning rows. The strongest shoots are chosen from them.
Enrosadira gives few shoots, so the most popular method of reproduction is cuttings.
Harvesting and transportation
Harvested twice a year. The berries are large, but dense, they retain their shape and color well during transportation. This variety showed a high shelf life of berries. They are stored for a long time, so they tolerate long-distance transportation.
Did you know? In 2015, Enrosadira was awarded an ash medal at MACFRUT, as the best variety of repair raspberries.
Enrosadira is an Italian raspberry variety that ranks first among the berries of its kind. It has a unique taste and smell. Growing it does not require much effort, but the result is always pleasantly surprising.
Network user reviews
in June, young seedlings from the cassette "nettle" planted 10 liter bags in June already ate berries and climbed young shoots. The berry is large and tasty, removed easily and does not fall.