Raspberry allergy: signs of allergy in adults and children, precautions and treatment
Garden raspberries are one of the most common berries in the middle lane, its beneficial composition and taste are very attractive to consumers, however, sometimes raspberries provoke the development of a severe allergy. Consider which components in the composition of raspberries can cause allergies, as it manifests itself in adults and children, and also discuss the main measures to combat the problem.
Is raspberry an allergen?
An allergic reaction to raspberries occurs quite often. Sometimes the reaction of the body to this product is especially acute and is manifested by severe symptoms. This situation may arise due to weak immunity, which is formed among urban residents or heredity. It is scientifically proven that the presence of an allergy to raspberries in one of the parents will cause an allergic reaction in the child.
Also, the formation of intolerance to the product occurs inside the mother’s womb, if she consumed an excessive amount of raspberries during pregnancy or during breastfeeding. Early feeding, which will include raspberries, can also cause allergies in the baby.
Did you know? The most useful of different varieties of raspberries is the black variety, and the minimum amount of vitamins is concentrated in yellow varieties.
Protein in raspberries is the main problem in allergies in certain people. When an allergen enters the body, the stomach begins the process of digestion, proteins are released that are perceived as foreign. The body begins to defend itself by secreting antibodies that remain in the blood until the next intake of the product. When raspberries enter the stomach again, the body reacts quickly and aggressively, leading to allergy symptoms.
The chemical composition of raspberries
Raspberry is a very healthy berry, a confirmation of the rich chemical composition. The berry contains a large number of vitamins and minerals, which are represented by:
|vitamin a||2 mcg|
|beta carotene||12 mcg|
|alpha carotene||16 mcg|
|vitamin E||0.9 mg|
|vitamin K||7.8 mcg|
|vitamin C||26.2 mg|
|vitamin b3||0.6 mg|
|vitamin b4||12.3 mg|
|vitamin b5||0.3 mg|
|vitamin b6||0.1 mg|
|vitamin b9||21 mcg|
Raspberry is a low-calorie nutritious product, 52 kcal per 100 g, of which:
- protein - 1.2 g;
- fat - 0.65 g;
- carbohydrates - 11.94 g;
- water - 85.75 g;
- ash - 0.46 g.
The chemical composition of raspberry leaves and branches
Not only berries, but also raspberry leaves and branches are used to saturate the body with useful substances.
Important! The advantage of using a drink prepared on the basis of such products is that it does not cause an allergic reaction, and the body receives a full complex of vitamins and minerals.
- The ground parts of the raspberry bush are rich:
- vitamins A, B, C, E, K;
- flavonoids (cyanidin, quartzentin, kempferol);
- ellagic acids;
- mineral salts;
- organic acids in the form of: ascorbic and folic;
What foods / fruits can trigger allergies when used together with raspberries
There is a concept about the cross-reaction of the body in the form of an allergy, which occurs in case of similar chemical composition of different products. Allergenic foods such as raspberries, strawberries and cherries have a similar composition based on an identical protein.When such products are consumed together, they can enhance each other's effects on the body, which leads to symptoms of intolerance to the body.
The main symptoms of allergies
The adult human body has an average resistance to irritants, so the symptoms of intolerance may be milder than in children. An allergy can occur one symptom or a combination of negative reactions. Consider how the body responds to the use of raspberries, provided that a person has intolerance to this product.
Intolerance to raspberries by the body may indicate:
- the appearance of edema of the lips and oral cavity;
- itching of the mucous membranes of the mouth, throat, nose, eyes, ears;
- redness, peeling, burning, rash and hives on the skin.
The digestive system also negatively reacts to the presence of an allergen in the body, symptoms such as:
- swelling of the tongue;
- abdominal pains;
From the cardiovascular system
The cardiovascular system also suffers from irritants entering the body, this manifests itself:
- heart rhythm failure;
- pains in the heart.
From the nervous system
Irritants, which enter the body in the form of food, provoke the appearance of reflexes in the form of sneezing, tearing of the eyes, which are regulated by brain activity. There are studies that prove that allergies can affect brain performance.
In case of intolerance to any product, new neurons appear in the body - cells of the nervous system and the activity of immune cells decreases, which, in the aggregate, harms all body systems. Changes in the hippocampus of the brain - the area that is responsible for memory and learning under the influence of allergens, lead to a decrease in the efficiency of the organ.
- People with a sensitive reaction to certain foods have the following symptoms:
- frequent neurosis;
- sharp mood swings;
- Feel the general weakness of the body;
- suffer from dizziness, headaches.
It is necessary to treat intolerance immediately after the onset of symptoms, otherwise the situation may worsen. It should be noted that after identifying intolerance to the body of raspberries, you must definitely go to the hospital for a consultation with a specialist.
If you do not cure or try to independently use drugs against allergies, this can cause the development of chronic diseases, and in some cases even lead to death.
Did you know? Russia is the world leader in raspberry cultivation; annually about 200 thousand tons of berries are produced in the country.
The treatment of drug intolerance is the safest and most effective way to get rid of problems. The type of drug and the method of its use should be selected individually by a qualified specialist, based on the symptoms and characteristics of the course of allergies in a particular person.
The following methods are used to treat allergies:
- antihistamines - able to eliminate the main symptoms, to make the patient feel better. Used in the form of tablets or injections. Among the most common are Cetrin, Erius, Zirtek;
- glucocorticosteroids - are hormonal drugs used to treat severe symptoms (cramping, asthma attacks, Quincke edema). Used in the form of ointments, injections or tablets;
- immunotherapy - It is able to eliminate the symptoms and causes of intolerance.It is used to reduce the sensitivity of the immune system to allergens. The method is aimed at introducing the minimum dose of the treated allergen into the body. There are methods of injection and non-injection (drops, inhalations) therapy.
You can treat allergies with folk remedies if the symptoms that occur are easy.Apply for treatment:
- herbal harvest - prepared on the basis of viburnum flowers (10 parts), 5 parts in a row, sage, wheatgrass root, licorice root (2 parts), elecampane (5 parts). On 1 tbsp. l the resulting mixture is used 200 ml of boiling water, insist in a thermos for 5 hours, or use the mixture to boil the product for 15 minutes, filter, apply 4 times a day for 20 minutes. 50 ml before meals. The medicine should be used within a week until the symptoms disappear completely;
- rosehip broth - 200 ml of fruit use 500 ml of water. Washed berries are poured with boiling water and infused in a thermos for 5 hours, filtered and taken 5 times a day for 100 ml in 15 minutes. before meals;
- mumiyo - 1 g of the product is used per 1 liter, stirred in water, staining the liquid in a dark color. Adults should take 100 ml once a day, for children under 8 years old, 50 ml. Wash down the product with warm milk.
Important! Using any folk remedy for treating raspberry allergies, you should make sure that there is no intolerance to the products that will be used for treatment in order to avoid serious consequences.
Precautions and prevention of allergies
It is impossible to completely cure an allergy, however, it is quite possible to prevent its development or to achieve long-term remission, therefore we will consider the features of preventive measures and precautions for the appearance of an allergy to raspberries.
The main preventive measure to prevent food allergies is to control the daily diet and the proper preparation of a daily menu. As a rule, adults control the amount of food eaten, especially for allergenic berries in the form of raspberries.
Symptoms of a product intolerance from excessive consumption of berries always appear immediately after taking, therefore, it is almost impossible to confuse a product that has an allergy. In the future, after identifying an allergy to raspberries, it is possible to consume other varieties of yellow berries with subsequent monitoring of the state of the allergic person.
An allergy can occur on a certain product in a baby even when it is inside the womb.
If a pregnant woman consumed large amounts of raspberries in the process of bearing, the likelihood of an allergy to this product in the child increases, which will appear after his birth and when the allergen enters the body. To avoid this situation, pregnant women should adhere to the recommendations on the preparation of the diet and consume allergenic products in limited quantities.
Infants who are introduced to complementary foods at an early age are also prone to allergies, so berries and other brightly colored foods are not recommended for babies. The diet of older children should also be strictly controlled by parents in order to avoid the development of intolerance to certain foods.
Thus, an allergy to raspberries is a fairly common phenomenon that can occur for various reasons in children and adults. In order to protect the body from the development of severe symptoms, it is necessary to observe preventive measures, precautions and consult a doctor in a timely manner.