How to cook ginger in sugar at home
Candied ginger is sugar-crystallized pieces of a plant that have a soft texture and have a sweet, spicy taste. This is a great and convenient snack, but it should be consumed in moderation, as well as any other sweets with added sugar.
Calorie content and vitamin composition
The calorie content of ginger in sugar in 100 g of the product is very high - 350 kcal.
In addition, ginger contains:
- proteins - 0.3 g;
- fats - 0.1 g;
- carbohydrates - 80 g;
- dietary fiber - 0 g;
- water - 0 g.
Despite the high calorie content of the product, the vitamins in it have retained their value.
Vitamin composition of candied ginger per 100 g of product:
|vitamin PP||0.95 mg|
|vitamin c||5 mg|
|vitamin B2||0.03 mg|
|vitamin B1||0.03 mg|
|vitamin k||0.1 mcg|
|vitamin b9||11 mk|
|vitamin b6||0.16 mg|
|vitamin b5||0.2 mg|
|vitamin e||0.26 mg|
Did you know? In the XIII and XIV centuries, 0.5 kg of ginger was equivalent to the cost of one sheep.
Useful and harmful properties
Candied fruits are made from ginger root, they have many useful components.
- Useful properties of ginger root in sugar:
- It has an anti-inflammatory effect. Sugar ginger reduces inflammation in patients with arthritis. Effective along with anti-inflammatory drugs, such as Ibuprofen and Cortisone;
- reduces nausea caused by chemotherapy, morning sickness, motion sickness, or motion sickness;
- enhances immunity, protects the body from viruses and toxins;
- has the ability to activate T cells in the body, which are a group of white blood cells that destroy tumor cells and viruses;
- reduces the number of stressful conditions, overwork, anxious conditions;
- used as an alternative medicine. An adjuvant for sore throat, cough and migraine;
- improves blood circulation and reduces the total amount of fat in the body;
- is a source of iron;
- helps in treating insomnia.
Important! To clean the root of a ginger plant you need to be very thin, since all the most useful substances are concentrated closer to the peel.
Candied ginger, like all other candied fruits, can have a negative effect on the body when consumed daily in large quantities.
- How and to whom ginger in sugar can harm:
- people on a diet - it has a lot of calories, sugar and carbohydrates;
- people suffering from cardiovascular diseases. The consumption of candied fruits in large quantities can lead to an increase in body fat in the heart, and this, in turn, can worsen the heartbeat and cause heart problems;
- people with bleeding disorders, diabetes, taking blood thinners, breastfeeding mothers.
How to cook ginger in sugar at home
According to the reviews of the hostesses, it’s not difficult to make sweet candied fruits from a ginger plant at home with your own hands. Men and women will be able to take them not only in food, but also add to baking.
Classic candied fruit recipe
350 g1 hour 30 minutes
fresh ginger root
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Wash, peel the ginger root.
- Cut into round pieces about 0.30 cm thick.
- Put a pot of water on the stove (about 500 ml), boil, place the plant pieces in it and boil for 20 minutes.
- Drain the water. Pour in a new one - 350 ml, add 250 g of sugar to it, put sugar syrup in a boil. All sugar should dissolve.
- Add ginger to the pan.
- Cook for about 35 minutes. over the slowest fire, stirring occasionally. The pieces should become soft and transparent.
- Drain the liquid into a separate container and add to tea. Allow liquid to drain with ginger.
- Prepare a container in which to pour 100 g of sugar, and dip each piece of ginger in this sugar hot.
- Arrange candied fruit on a wire rack or on parchment sheet. Let it be sugared and dry for 2 hours. Can be sent for 20 minutes. in the oven.
- After drying, you should store the treat in a dry, airtight container or jar for 3 months.
With sugar and lemon
250 g1 hour 30 minutes
fresh ginger root
Energy value per 100 g:
- Wash and peel the root of the ginger plant well, subtly peeling it.
- Cut the root into cubes or round pieces.
- Boil water (approximately 400 ml), immerse slices of ginger root in it and boil for 15 minutes.
- Drain the water.
- Pour pure syrup water into the pan, add 100 g of sugar to it, boil the sugar syrup.
- Add the ginger slices to the pan.
- Cook for about 30 minutes. over low heat. Stir frequently. Pieces should become soft, transparent, with a brown tint.
- Flip plastics or root cubes into a colander. The liquid can be used to make compote or tea.
- Pour 100 g of sugar into a container and grate 1 lemon of zest on a fine grater, mix everything. Still chilled slices of ginger, roll one by one in this mixture.
- Arrange candied fruit on a wire rack or on parchment sheet. Let it dry for a couple of hours.
- After drying, candied fruit from the root of a ginger plant with lemon should be stored in a dry, airtight container or jar for 3 months.
Did you know? The ginger plant first appeared in the tropical forests of South Asia, and then spread from the Indian subcontinent around the world.
Everything that a person eats should be beneficial, not harmful, so it is important to know in what proportions candied fruits can be consumed. Often candied fruits are mixed with tea or just put a slice in a drink. Candied slices of ginger are used as a snack between meals.
Eat 2 pieces a day (4-5 g) without harming your health.
Dried fruits in sugar can only be used if there are no contraindications.
- You should not eat candied ginger with such diseases:
- Blood clotting disorder.
- Stomach ulcer.
- Any heart disease.
Important! You can not eat ginger candied foods to pregnant women without medical advice.
Sugar in sweet and savory treats can lead to tooth decay. Ginger can bring many benefits for maintaining health, however, each person must take into account their own characteristics of the body when taking this or that product.