The benefits and harms of raspberry juice
Raspberries are a delicious and popular berry. It produces a very useful juice that can be consumed not only inside, but also used for cosmetic purposes. Such a tool in the ripening season of the harvest of these sweet berries will help to strengthen health and improve appearance.
Chemical and vitamin composition
100 g of raspberry juice contains 100 kcal, and the nutritional value is as follows:
- proteins - 0.8 g;
- fats - 0 g;
- carbohydrates - 24.7 g.
Raspberries and raspberry juice have a rich chemical composition. The products contain the most vitamin C; there are a group of vitamins B, vitamins E, K, PP, H, A, and carotene. The mineral composition is represented by potassium, calcium, silicon, magnesium, sodium, sulfur, phosphorus, chlorine and a large number of macrocells, among which cobalt, manganese and molybdenum predominate. The product contains organic acids, essential oils, sterols, pectin, anthocyanins, catechins and other flavonoids.
Did you know? 100 g of raspberry contains silicon - 120% of the daily allowance. This is a very important element for maintaining beauty, which stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, provides strength to connective tissue, bones and nail plates, and is involved in the synthesis of proteins and skin hydration.
Application in cosmetology
Raspberries are used by the cosmetics industry to produce skin care products. Raspberry juice is an excellent tool for making homemade cosmetics. It is most popular for making homemade face masks at home. Here are some of them:
- For oily porous skin prone to acne. It will also smooth wrinkles and tighten the skin. It is necessary to moisten several layers of gauze in a clean raspberry fresh and put the tissue on a cleaned face, avoiding the areas around the eyelids and lips, for 20-30 minutes. You can add a little kefir to the mask.
- For tightening the skin and smoothing wrinkles. Mix whipped egg white and 2 teaspoons of raspberry juice. Keep the mixture on your face for 20 minutes, then gently rinse with water or tonic.
- To nourish the skin. Grind one teaspoon of cottage cheese and honey with 2 teaspoons of raspberry fresh, after which the resulting composition is applied to the face for 10 minutes. Remove the remnants of the cosmetic recommended wet cotton pads.
- For dry and normal skin. Grind with chicken yolk 1 teaspoon of raspberry juice and the same amount of vegetable oil (olive, almond, apricot kernel) and sour cream. For stiffness, you can add a little starch. Apply on face skin for 15-20 minutes.
For oily skin, it is recommended to use lotionwhich can be stored. To do this, in 300 ml of vodka, add 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed juice and let it brew in a dark place. This lotion is diluted 2-3 times with clean water before use. If you wipe the skin several times a day with this tool, then you can get rid of pigmentation, improve the condition of oily problem skin and smooth wrinkles.
Benefit and improve the condition of the skin of the whole body will help a home SPA procedure. To do this, squeeze 1 kg of berries and mix the resulting liquid with 1 liter of milk. Then pour the composition into a bath with warm water and lie in it for 20 minutes. After the procedure, rinse with cool clean water.
Important! Raspberries and honey can cause allergic reactions. If such products are first applied to the skin, they should be tested - the product is applied to the back of the wrist for 15 minutes. If there are no negative consequences (redness, itching), then the mask can be applied to the face.
Useful and harmful properties
- Due to its composition, raspberry juice has the following beneficial properties:
- strengthens the immune system;
- improves the condition of blood vessels, cardiac activity, is indicated for sclerotic phenomena;
- normalizes blood coagulation due to the presence of coumarins;
- a good antipyretic for flu and colds;
- beneficial effect on joints, useful for radiculitis and diseases associated with bone tissue;
- cleanses the intestines due to its high fiber content;
- helps to remove toxins and harmful substances from the body;
- reduces the level of bad cholesterol in the blood;
- relieves headaches;
- normalizes metabolic processes;
- is the prevention of cancer;
- may stop vomiting.
Children should be careful about this drink, since red berries are allergens and can cause diathesis. Therefore, allergy sufferers and pregnant women need to consume the product in small portions, controlling the reactions of their body. Such a drink is given to children after 1 year, while the juice is diluted with water, and first given in a small amount. Then observe the reaction of the baby. If there are no negative consequences, then the amount of diluted product can be increased.
This the drink will improve appetite, strengthen the immune system, will be useful for colds more than jam. With the simultaneous use of drugs to dilute blood and raspberry juice, blood coagulation is disturbed.
How to make raspberry juice at home
Raspberry juice is used for culinary purposes for the preparation of desserts (jelly, mousse, punch) and sauces. It is suitable for making drinks, it is added to tea, cocktails, ice cream. It is very useful to drink hot tea with a certain amount of such juice in case of flu, SARS and other colds.
Making juice from this juicy berry is easy. To do this, it is enough to grind raspberries and push the resulting gruel through gauze folded into several layers to separate the small bones. Fresh juice is recommended to drink immediately. If you plan to store it for some time for further consumption, then it is worth adding sugar syrup to it.
For longer storage, this raspberry product can be preserved for the winter. For this purpose, you can use the following recipe.
- raspberries - 1 kg;
- water - 200 g.
- Sort the berries, wash and add water to them.
- Heat the fruit composition to + 60 ° C and allow it to boil at this temperature for 15 minutes.
- When it cools down - squeeze the juice.
- Pour the resulting liquid into sterilized jars and seal tightly with lids.
Video: Raspberry juice for the winter
To harvest raspberry juice for the winter, you can use a juice evaporator. The drink can be prepared not only from fresh, but also from frozen berries. First they get out of the freezer and wait for a complete defrost. Then repeat the same process as with fresh raspberries for making juice. Ice cream product almost completely retains all the beneficial properties, taste and smell of juicy fruits.
Important! So that the cans are not depressurized during storage, the container should be sterilized with steam or in the oven.
For the preparation of drinks, it is better to freeze fresh raspberry fresh in ice tins - this way it will last longer and it will be convenient to use it for making tea and cocktails.
- There are contraindications and restrictions for its use of natural juice, namely:
- Individual intolerance.
- For problems with the liver, kidneys and gout, it is recommended to drink juice in small quantities, diluting it with water.
Did you know? American scientists conducted a study when two groups of mice were given too oily and sweet food. But rodents, which were additionally included in the diet raspberry powder, had a normal level of glucose in the blood and much less fat.
Raspberry juice helps fight colds, improves metabolism and overall health. It can be used to make natural cosmetics. You can cook the product at home even without using a juicer or a juicer.