Can I eat lentils with gastritis
Lentils - the oldest agricultural crop cultivated as a food and feed plant. Its seeds contain many useful substances for our body, therefore it is recommended to use it for various health problems. Will the culture be useful to people with gastritis and gastroduodenitis, we will discuss further.
Regardless of the variety, lentils have a common composition. Seeds of various varieties differ only in external characteristics and application features.
Nutritional value and calorie content
A small portion of lentils is enough to get enough, as the calorie content of the culture is 295 kcal.
In 100 grams of seeds is present:
- proteins - 24 g;
- fats - 1.5 g;
- carbohydrates - 46.3 g;
- dietary fiber - 11.5 g;
- water - 14 g;
- ash - 2.7 g.
The ratio of proteins / fats / carbohydrates is 1 / 0.1 / 1.9 (33/5/63%).
|Vitamins||Macro and microelements|
Did you know? Latin name of lentils — Lens. Lenses (optical) have the same name in Latin. This is due to the fact that their shape is similar to the shape of the seeds of the culture.
Useful properties and indications for use
It is advisable to add lentils to the daily menu, and all because:
- The protein contained in it is more easily absorbed by the body than the animal.
- It contains about 90% of the daily norm of folic acid.
- Contains readily soluble fiber that stimulates digestion.
- Molybdenum and iron support the functioning of the nervous system.
- In combination with greens, it improves the absorption of iron by the body.
- It is a source of tryptophan, which is converted in the body into the hormone of happiness.
- It is rich in isoflavones, substances that slow down cancer processes.
- Able to regulate sugar levels.
- The presence of potassium stimulates the blood formation process.
- Stimulates the metabolism;
- Able to enhance immunity.
- In this regard, the product is recommended for:
- the presence of cholesterol plaques;
- digestion problems, slagging of the body;
- diabetes mellitus;
- loss of strength, apathy;
- inflammatory processes;
- muscle building;
- predisposition to atherosclerosis;
- prerequisites for the development of breast cancer and other species;
- PMS (premenstrual syndrome);
- problem skin (as a cosmetic product);
- the prostate;
- problems with potency.
Negative properties and contraindications, side effects
Uncontrolled, excessive use of lentils can provoke:
- malfunctions in the digestive system (heaviness, bloating, cramping);
- kidney stones (due to lysine, which accumulates in the body);
- problems with the work of the heart (an excess of potassium can provoke numbness of the limbs);
- Because of this, it is not recommended to use the product with:
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (gastrointestinal tract) in the acute stage;
- serious kidney problems;
- uric acid diathesis;
- problems with the pancreas;
- individual intolerance.
Did you know? 60% of the world's population suffers from gastritis, with males predominating among patients.
Varieties of lentils
There are such varieties of lentils:
Lentils for gastritis
Gastritis is an inflammation of the gastric mucosa, in the treatment of which the main condition is dieting. Accordingly, a number of foods should be excluded from the diet. But this does not apply to lentils.
When recommended for use
Lentils are not only possible, but also need to be eaten with gastritis, but only if you have low acidity. This is due to the fact that the bean culture causes bloating, flatulence and increased gas formation, which entails painful sensations. But even if you do not suffer from high acidity, then before you diversify the diet with a product, you must always consult a doctor.
There are no special subtleties in the preparation of lentils with this disease. She doesn’t even need to soak. Simply rinse under running water.
Important! When cooking any lentil dish, remember that green and black beans are best kept in shape, the rest — boil down.
When cooking lentil puree, cereals and water are taken in a ratio of 1: 2, brought to low on low heat and cooked before being removed from the stove. If you want the mashed potatoes to be homogeneous, grind it with a blender. For taste, you can add butter.
If soup is cooked, then water is necessary in a ratio of 1: 3. Groats are also cooked until almost cooked, salted, and then vegetables are added (potatoes, carrots, etc.). You can make soup puree, seasoning it with cream or milk in a small amount. Garnishes are excellent when mixing beans with rice or buckwheat. You can add lentils to vegetable stew, casserole, salad.
Lentils for gastroduodenitis
Gastroduodenitis is an inflammation of the duodenal mucosa and the pyloric zone of the stomach.
Features of the use and preparation
In terms of symptoms, the nature of the course and treatment, this type of disease is very similar to gastritis. The difference between ailments is only in localization. Therefore, the treatment, namely the diet, they have the same. Therefore, you can use lentils with this disease. Moreover, with gastroduodenitis you do not need to take into account the increased or decreased acidity of your stomach. The product is prepared in the same way as with gastritis.
Important! To avoid increased gas formation when using the product, it is recommended to add 2-3 pcs. dry cloves in the pan. The dish will acquire an unusual flavor, and the likelihood of flatulence will decrease.
Lentils are a valuable crop. She is an indispensable product in our diet. Using it, you can immediately get a whole range of useful substances needed by the body, and get rid of a number of stomach problems.