Ginger root for heartburn: whether or not to use it correctly
Very often, people experience a burning sensation in the abdomen, provoked by heartburn. There are many medications that eliminate this unpleasant symptom. But besides this, you can resort to the help of traditional medicine, recommending the use of ginger root. In more detail about its benefits for the digestive system, consider the following review.
Useful properties of ginger root for digestive organs
- Ginger root is not just spicy seasoning, which gives pungency to dishes, but also contains a huge amount of vitamins, nutrients and is widely used in folk medicine, namely:
- with proper intake and dosage helps to normalize the digestive tract;
- increases appetite;
- treats a stomach ulcer, gastritis;
- helps get rid of nausea.
Can ginger be used to get rid of heartburn and does it help
The main causes of heartburn include the following factors: smoking, overeating, excessive consumption of fatty foods, strong tea or coffee, alcohol. And also heartburn is one of the symptoms of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. To fight against this ailment, ginger root, prepared in various ways, is often used.
Important! The amount of consumption of this spice per day should not exceed 4 g. And for children under 3 years of age, use is strictly prohibited.
Can ginger cause heartburn
Since ginger is a hot spice that increases the acidity of gastric juice, it can cause heartburn in such cases:
- with exacerbation of a stomach ulcer and duodenal ulcer;
- esophageal reflux;
- duodenal ulcer, ulcerative colitis.
The method of preparation and use of ginger as a remedy for heartburn
The root of this plant was eaten and continues to be consumed fresh, dried, pickled, chopped. Various ginger teas, soft drinks, tinctures are prepared from it.
Important! Ginger root retains its beneficial properties both fresh and dry.
Use the plant as a cure for heartburn, you can fresh, namely:
- Chew a piece of root or put under the tongue.
- To eliminate the burning taste, drink with water.
The pickled root is prepared as follows:
- It is necessary to peel 300 g of the root from the peel, cut into thin slices, salt, leave for 5 minutes.
- Boil 120 ml of water, add 240 g of 3% rice vinegar, 1.5 tsp. salt, 3 tbsp. Sahara.
- Add ginger to the marinade and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Store the finished product in the refrigerator.
To prepare a grated plant you need:
- Peel the root, grate on a coarse grater.
- Take 2 tbsp. chopped product, 3 tbsp. L of lemon juice and honey, pour 1 liter of boiling water and leave to infuse for 1 hour.
- Drink no more than 2 liters of drink per day.
You can buy or prepare dried seasoning yourself:
- Wash the root, cut into thin strips.
- Put on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, put in the oven preheated to + 45 ° С.
- After complete drying, grind into powder, pour into a glass container, close and put in a refrigerator.
Recipes from ginger root to eliminate heartburn
The following are recipes for making ginger tea, drinks with cinnamon, honey, and chalk, eliminating heartburn.
Did you know? The first ginger ice cream recipe was invented in Japan, it is very healthy and has an extraordinary taste.
Tea is brewed in this way:
- Add 5 cm of finely chopped root to 1 liter of boiled water.
- Boil the mixture and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- To improve the taste of tea, you can add a slice of lemon and sweeten with a spoon of honey.
This drink can be prepared in this way:
- Pour 1–2 tbsp into a pan dry powder, pour 1 liter of water, add ground cinnamon 1 tsp.
- Cook for 10 minutes over low heat, then add the juice of 1 lemon.
- Remove from heat, insist 30 minutes, add honey (to taste).
Ginger water is prepared very simply, for its preparation it is necessary:
- Peel and grate the root.
- Pour 2 liters of water, squeeze the juice of 1 lemon, mix and let it brew.
Ginger honey water
For this drink you can use dried ginger:
- Pour half a teaspoon of the powder into a thermos, pour a glass of boiling water.
- Insist 30 minutes, then strain the liquid.
- Add honey and mix.
The procurement of this product is very simple:
- In half a liter of honey add grated ginger 1 tbsp. or at your discretion.
- Mix until smooth.
- Keep the product in the refrigerator.
To prepare it you need:
- Take 4 parts of ground ordinary chalk, 1 part of grated root, 70 ml of water, mix the contents thoroughly.
- Then dissolve 1 hour of the finished drug in a glass of water.
- Eat from burning morning and evening before eating.
Did you know? In Southeast Asia, they prepare the national ginger jam with lemon or orange and the addition of honey, it is called chow-chow. But the Chinese use it sugared without flavors.
To soothe heartburn, you can drink one cup of tea with ginger after any meal. If relief does not come after a while, you should stop taking the product. As well as further treatment of the stomach, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
- Despite the great benefits of this plant, there are contraindications for use in such diseases:
- allergies to ginger;
- temperature above 38 degrees;
- exacerbation of gastric ulcer;
- gallstone disease;
- cirrhosis of the liver;
- high blood pressure and coronary heart disease;
- pregnancy and lactation.
It takes only a few minutes to make healthy drinks from ginger root. With systemic use, they will help to cure many problems with the digestive tract. Also, due to its healing properties, it strengthens the immune system.