Peking cabbage pickling
Peking or Chinese cabbage is no less beneficial for the human body than white cabbage. However, it is softer and more tender. For a long time, this vegetable is not stored. In order to be able to use it throughout the winter, you can prepare blanks at home in various ways. Simple and tasty recipes of salted Beijing cabbage are collected in the article.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
Useful and tasty preparations will come out only if high-quality ingredients are selected. Cabbage heads should be fresh, ripened, soft, moderately loose, saturated color, with strong elastic leaves, without a pronounced odor. Before cooking, heads of cabbage should be washed, dried and cut in accordance with the requirements in the recipe.
Important! It is worth abandoning the salting of a vegetable that has spots, damage, signs of rot and wilting on the leaves.
Peking cabbage pickling recipes
Harvesting Beijing cabbage for the winter at home is easy and simple. It will turn out delicious when pickled or salted in pure form. To get a spicy taste and mouth-watering aroma, you can add spices, herbs, vegetables and even fruits to it.
Those who like spicy dishes will like Korean cabbage or kimchi. A salty vegetable can act as an independent snack to an ordinary table or to a festive feast. It goes well with rice, potatoes. It is used in the preparation of salads, first courses.
A simple recipe for salting
115 minutes / 7 days
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- For heads of cabbage, remove the lower part.
- Cut the heads into 2 parts.
- Put in a barrel.
- Put oppression.
- Make a brine: dissolve the salt in water.
- Pour the brine into the barrel.
- Leave for salting for 7 days.
Did you know? Despite the fact that Chinese cabbage has been cultivated for about 5 thousand years, Europeans and Americans did not consume it until the 70s. last century. Today, the vegetable has overshadowed many other cabbage species in popularity.
hot red peppers in pods
coriander (dried cilantro)
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Peel the heads of top leaves.
- Cut the bottom of the stitches.
- Divide them into 4 parts, cutting along.
- Put in a pan.
- Prepare the brine by pouring salt into water and mixing it until completely dissolved.
- Pour the brine into a container with cabbage heads. Put oppression.
- After a day, remove the oppression and extract the cabbage.
- Peel and divide garlic into cloves. Twist the garlic with hot pepper in a meat grinder.
- Add coriander.
- Wear plastic gloves on your hands. Spread cabbage leaves with a sharp mixture.
- Tightly lay the vegetable in the pan.
- Put oppression. Leave for salting for 3 days.
- Once a day, the yoke should be raised and lowered for uniform salting.
- In the future, for ease of storage, you can shift the snack into three-liter jars.
Korean kimchiVideo recipe: kimchi korean
Did you know? The fact that Beijing cabbage was grown in China, there is written evidence relating to the V-VI centuries. n e. It was used as a vegetable and as an oilseed.
Features of storage of blanks
Salty and pickled products that have not undergone the preservation process should be stored exclusively in cold conditions - in the cellar, basement, refrigerator. Shelf life is 3-4 weeks. The product that has passed the canning process can be stored at temperatures from 0 ° C to + 20 ° C. Preservation should be in a place where the sun does not penetrate, where there is low humidity and there are no heat sources.
Beijing cabbage is easy and simple to harvest at home. If you follow the dosages and instructions in the recipes, you can get excellent nutritious snacks that can be served for lunch and dinner, as well as during feasts throughout the winter.