Raspberries, raspberry jam: increases or lowers blood pressure
Raspberries are sometimes called the most delicious medicine. Everyone knows about its antipyretic properties and that it helps to recover faster with ARVI and flu. But not many people know that this berry is able to influence the normalization of blood pressure and prevent the development of hypertension.
Useful properties of raspberries
Raspberries are grown today in almost every suburban area. These berries are appreciated not only for their taste, but also for their beneficial properties.
Did you know? Raspberries began to be cultivated in the III century. BC e. in the territory of Ancient Greece and Rome. Berries are mentioned in ancient manuscripts, in particular in the writings of Emperor Cato the Elder.
Almost all vitamins are present in the composition of the fruits of the described plant, namely: A (in the amount of 3.7% of the daily intake for humans), beta-carotene (4%), B1 (1.3%), B2 (2.8% ), B4 (2.5%), B5 (4%), B6 (3.5%), B9 (1.5%), C (27.8%), E (4%), N (3, 8%), K (6.5%), PP (3.5%).
Of the trace elements contained in the berries are potassium, calcium, silicon, magnesium, sodium, sulfur, phosphorus, chlorine. Of the trace elements - iron, iodine, cobalt, manganese, copper, molybdenum, selenium, fluorine, chromium, zinc. They also have digestible carbohydrates and amino acids.
In addition to fruits, raspberry leaves can also be of benefit. They are rich in vitamins C and B9, tannins, flavonoids, phytoncides.
Calorie content and nutritional value
Raspberry is a low-calorie product, in 100 g only 46 kcal, in one glass of berries - 66.7 kcal.
The nutritional value of 100 g of fruits is as follows:
- protein - 0.8 g;
- fat - 0.5 g;
- carbohydrates - 8.3 g;
- dietary fiber - 3.7 g;
- water - 85 g.
The healing properties of raspberries
- Due to the rich vitamin and mineral composition, berries have the following therapeutic effects:
- increase defenses;
- increase sweating;
- reduce pain;
- lower body temperature;
- cleanse the body of toxins and cholesterol;
- thin the blood;
- improve intestinal motility;
- inhibit the aging process;
- relieve stress;
- stimulate the breakdown of body fat;
- reduce inflammation;
- establish the quality of sleep;
- have a beneficial effect on the nervous system.
Important! Raspberry is contraindicated for people with individual intolerance, diseases of the digestive system, impaired renal function, gout, diabetes, lactating women, children under 6 months of age.
Effect on the vascular system
The presence in raspberries of substances such as ascorbic acid, magnesium and potassium, give it such a property as purification of blood vessels, maintaining the tone of their walls. And this means that with regular use of berries you can not be afraid of jumps and high blood pressure, occurring due to poor patency of blood vessels. This tasty medicine can also prevent the development of heart and vascular diseases. It dilutes blood and thus reduces stress on the heart.
Those who suffer from unstable pressure are interested in the question: does raspberry lower or increase raspberry pressure. Berry, leaves and its products are able to slightly correct and lead to normal small deviations of overestimated indicators. Unfortunately, hypertensive patients “with experience”, with very high rates, will not cure it, but can be used only as an additional therapy. The fruits work well in the prevention of vascular diseases and in the initial stages of the development of arterial hypotension.
Did you know? For medicinal purposes, raspberries were used by the inhabitants of ancient Greece. They consumed its fruits in order to be healthy, and from the flowers they prepared a remedy for snake and scorpion bites.
The use of raspberries and products from it (jam, compotes, infusions) for problems with pressure
Since the fruits and leaves of the described plant are capable of influencing pressure indicators, one should know the features of their use for those who have overestimated indicators, and those who have underestimated ones.
With hypertension (high blood pressure)
Hypertensive patients or those who have a hereditary predisposition to this disease should include raspberries in their diet. It is recommended to consume 0.5 cups of fresh berries per day.
Also in the daily menu of people prone to high blood pressure should be products based on berries, and drinks from the leaves. Berries can be consumed both fresh and dried.
With hypotension (low blood pressure)
People who have low blood pressure should not refuse to eat delicious berries and dishes from it. It reduces the pressure for a short time and not much, so you won’t have to lift it using any methods. Any of the raspberry products can be used hypotonic without restriction, but in reasonable quantities..
It is believed that raspberries can be used to increase diastolic pressure if you combine it with tincture of hawthorn
Ways to normalize pressure with raspberries
In folk medicine, there are also several recipes that should be used for prevention and treatment:
- Leaf tea. 5-6 sheets placed in 200 ml of freshly boiled water. Stand for 30 minutes. If desired, enter 1 tsp. honey. Drink regularly for two weeks a quarter of an hour before eating. After a break of one week, repeat the course.
- Jam tea. Place 100 g of goodies in 200 ml of freshly boiled water. Stir. Soak for 5-10 minutes. After cooling to a warm state, add 1 hour. Drink before bedtime.
- Raspberry and lime tea. Put in a thermos 1 tbsp. linden flowers and 1 tbsp. raspberry berries. Pour 0.5 liters of freshly boiled water. Withstand 30 minutes before use. Drink during the day, optionally sweetened with honey or complementing the taste with rosehip tincture.Honey should be introduced only in drinks cooled to + 50 ... + 60 ° С. When placed in a hot liquid, it changes its properties for the worse
- Berry fruit dessert. Cut half an apple and a few strawberries, add 1 tbsp. raspberry berries and 1 tbsp. blueberries. Pour in low-fat yogurt. To eat three times a day after taking the main food as a dessert.
- Milk shake. Grind one apple with a grater, add 30 g of raspberry berries, 150 ml of milk. Drink throughout the day.
- Raspberry-mountain ash mixture. Combine the grated 50 g of mountain ash and 50 g of raspberries. Enter 1 tbsp. Sahara. Eat 1 hour 5 times a day. Keep the product in the refrigerator.
- Berry broth. Mix raspberries, rosehips and chokeberries to make 100 g. Place them in 250 ml of boiling water. Drink 100 ml 3 times a day.
- Raspberry tincture. Grate 3–3.5 kg of berries, place in a glass container and pour 1 liter of vodka. Soak in a warm place for 2–5 days. Strain. Prepare syrup from 250 g of sugar and 200 ml of boiling water. Pour the syrup into the tincture and mix. To sustain 2-3 weeks. Take 20 drops, dissolved in 100 ml of boiled water 3-4 times a day.
Thus, raspberry leaves and fruits, as well as dishes from them, can prevent the development of hypertension and problems with blood vessels, normalize small deviations of blood pressure indicators. Before eating healthy berries, you should make sure that you are not on the list of people to whom they are contraindicated.