Useful and harmful properties of ginger juice
Just a few years ago, domestic consumers heard little about such an oriental spice as ginger. However, today ginger root for many has become one of the favorite seasonings for various dishes. Moreover, the juice from the described plant is extremely popular in the field of folk healing, as it contains a wide range of healthy components. What are the features of ginger juice and how to make it at home - more on this later in the article.
Chemical and vitamin composition of ginger juice
Ginger juice is a piquant-sharp drink prepared by pressing the root pulp of the same plant. Its composition includes a wide range of substances necessary to maintain normal human activity.
The composition of ginger juice is represented by such vitamins:
- Group B - improve the digestive tract, beneficial for the nervous and cardiovascular systems, reduce the negative effects of stress on the body.
- AND - normalizes metabolic processes, participates in protein synthesis, promotes the regeneration of skin cells.
- E - prevents the manifestations of aging, protects against harmful external factors, promotes the production of collagen and elastin.
- WITH - increases the protective functions of the body, removes toxins and harmful chemicals from the body.
- PP - participates in protein metabolism, improves the condition of the skin and hair, helps to reduce the level of "bad" cholesterol.
Among the minerals in the juice can be noted:
- calcium - helps strengthen muscle and bone tissue, is beneficial for the formation of the skeleton, strengthens the immune system;
- potassium - favorable for the cardiovascular and digestive systems, important for cellular metabolism;
- magnesium - improves the functionality of the nervous system, helps to reduce stress, serves as a prevention of depression;
- selenium - accelerates metabolic processes, helps to increase the protective functions of the body, releases from toxins and harmful substances;
- zinc - strengthens hair and nails, improves the condition of the skin, positively affects the functioning of the nervous system;
- copper - responsible for the production of elastin and collagen, protects the body from the negative effects of free radicals, is involved in the breakdown of fats.
Important! Pure Ginger Fresh — a rather spicy and burning drink, which in rare cases is used in large doses. It is usually mixed with less aggressive ingredients. — for example, juice from apples, carrots, lemon.
Ginger juice is considered a medium-calorie product with 80 kcal per 100 g.
- proteins - 1.9 g;
- fats - 0.9 g;
- carbohydrates - 16.7 g.
The composition of the product is supplemented with water, pectins, tannins, fiber and dietary fiber.
Useful and harmful properties
Due to the rich vitamin and mineral composition, ginger drink has been widely used in folk healing. The juice has anti-inflammatory, expectorant, tonic, restorative, anti-aging, regenerative, regenerating effects - All this allows it to be used for the treatment and prevention of many ailments.
Due to its burning qualities, the drink is used for stimulation of the digestive tract and metabolism, improving the outflow of bile, accelerating metabolic processes and peristalsis of the stomach. It perfectly affects the human immune system, activates protective properties, and increases resistance to external factors.
- Potassium and magnesium in the composition of the fresh have a beneficial effect on the functioning of the heart and nervous system:
- normalize blood circulation;
- normalize blood pressure;
- strengthen the walls of blood vessels and capillaries;
- reduce the risk of blood clots;
- serve as an excellent prevention of strokes and heart attacks;
- increase stamina and reduce fatigue.
To use juice from ginger is very useful in the season of colds, with vitamin deficiency, with increased emotional or physical stress, to reduce psycho-emotional stress. Its use is practiced for the treatment of colds, which are accompanied by dry cough, sore throat discomfort, runny nose.
Did you know? In addition to the traditional white Bengal ginger, there is a variety of black ginger, known as Barbados, — It has a more intense aroma and pronounced taste. In addition, it does not need to be peeled, it is enough just to scald it with boiling water.
Ginger drink is considered a powerful antioxidant that helps rejuvenate the body, accelerate cell regeneration, improve skin and hair. Regular consumption of juice increases the elasticity of the skin, prevents their premature aging.
The product also contains amino acids that promote good digestion, speed up metabolism, reduce the level of "bad" cholesterol, normalize the intestinal microflora, which is especially important when losing weight. It is impossible not to mention that ginger juice is a wonderful tool to improve potency in men and increase libido in women.
The use of juice in large quantities or in too concentrated form can be harmful to human health.
- In particular, a drink can provoke:
- exacerbation of inflammatory processes of the gastrointestinal tract;
- the appearance of heartburn, pain in the pancreas, dry cough;
- flushing of the skin and mucous membranes;
- allergic reactions in the form of rashes, itching, redness;
- damage to the kidneys, rapid urination;
- exacerbation of chronic ailments;
- jumps in blood pressure, heart palpitations.
How to make ginger juice at home
Of course, the maximum benefit can be obtained from juice prepared independently, with your own hands. Such a homemade drink is prepared without the use of various harmful additives, which allows you to fully preserve all the healing qualities.
Did you know? During the flowering period, ginger forms an exotic flower of amazing beauty, which is extremely popular among gardeners. That is why in many countries the plant is used not only as a spice, but also as a decorative decoration of gardens, parks.
At home, making juice is quite simple using a grater. To do this:
- Rinse ginger root thoroughly, peel.
- Grate ginger with small holes.
- Squeeze out the resulting mixture with gauze.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, cool, pour into a sterilized glass container and place in the refrigerator.
Video: Ginger Root Juice
Instead of a grater, you can use a garlic squeezer, but in this case, the process of obtaining juice will take a little longer.
When rubbing the root, you can not touch the eyes or mucous membranes with your hands, since burning substances remain on the fingers, which, upon contact, can cause burning, redness, rashes. In its pure form, ginger juice is allowed to be consumed literally drop by drop. The maximum allowable single dose for a healthy person does not exceed 1 tsp. It is best to combine the drink with other juices (for example, apple or carrot) or compotes, add honey or lemon to it.
- The described healthy drink is not without some contraindications, which include:
- individual intolerance to the product;
- allergic reactions to the main component;
- peptic ulcer, gastritis or other inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract in the acute stage;
- joint inflammation, arthritis, arthrosis;
- autoimmune ailments;
- oncological disease;
Also, you can not drink juice for children under the age of 3 years, pregnant women (especially in the last weeks of the term) and women during breastfeeding.
Important! Ginger Juice — a fairly aggressive product that is recommended to be drunk only after prior consultation with a doctor. You can consume a drink, starting with very small dosages (with a few drops) — in the absence of a negative reaction from the body, the dose is allowed to be increased to 1 hour.
Freshly made juice from ginger can be stored for no more than one month in a refrigerator. With longer storage, the drink loses all its valuable substances and deteriorates. Wherein it is necessary to ensure that the drink made is stored in a clean, pre-sterilized glass container, which is tightly closed by a lid. Fresh, quality drink should have a subtle aroma and pungent taste. In the presence of an unpleasant odor, the product is better not to eat.
Ginger juice is a unique, indispensable supplier of valuable active biological components and minerals necessary for the normal functioning of all systems of the human body. It allows you to get rid of a whole range of health problems, rejuvenate the body, and tone it. However, this product is quite aggressive, therefore, when consumed, it requires strict observance of the indicated dosages.