How to make a ginger banana mask
Today on the shelves you can see a huge amount of all kinds of cosmetics, but do not forget that we always have easy access to natural ingredients that we can use at home to prepare a cosmetic product. For example, you can independently make a mask of banana and ginger to rejuvenate the skin. How exactly these products are used for cosmetic purposes, what effect they have, and what you need to create such a tool - read this article.
Can ginger and banana be used in cosmetology
As it turned out, banana and ginger are some of the common plant-based vitamin sources used in cosmetology.
Did you know? In Sanskrit, the name ginger sounds like a “horned root”. The root crop was first discovered another 5 thousand years ago in North India. It is also called the root of life, the samurai sword, the golden warrior.
The composition of the fruit includes the following vitamins:
- vitamin C;
- B vitamins (pyridoxine, thiamine, cobalamin, folic acid, riboflavin, pantothenic acid);
- a nicotinic acid;
Ginger is famous for the content of the following useful elements:
- B vitamins (pyridoxine, folic acid, thiamine, riboflavin);
- vitamin C;
- a nicotinic acid;
In addition, both products are rich in amino acids that are important for the body:
Important! If you still have a piece of ginger-banana mask, you can not throw away too much. It is perfectly stored until the next time of use (for 7 days) in a sealed plastic or glass container.
Thus, due to the many useful elements in its composition, ginger and banana in combination have the following properties:
- a warming effect that improves metabolic processes in the body;
- reduction of tightness of dry skin, elimination of its roughness and peeling;
- prevention of premature and slowing of the onset of aging, rejuvenation, smoothing of wrinkles;
- moisturizing and nourishing the roughened epidermis;
- elimination of acne, blackheads, boils and irritations, a calming effect;
- disinfection and healing of lesions and small scars;
- rid of oily sheen for problem skin, color and tone alignment;
- removal of dead cells from the surface of the skin;
- providing velvetiness, smoothness and tenderness of the skin, increasing its elasticity;
- elimination of signs of fatigue, reduction of wilting of the epidermis.
Face mask with ginger and banana at home.
Banana-ginger mask is suitable for absolutely any type of skin, even problem skin. It has a rejuvenating lifting effect, deeply nourishes and moisturizes the epidermis.
The mask is very easy to prepare at home, for this you need to follow the recipe and take the following ingredients:
- 1/3 of a ripe banana (the fruit should not be green and not overripe, without darkening, brown spots, damage to the peel and rot);
- 1 small (not more than 3-4 cm) ginger root for squeezing juice;
- 1 small spoon of dry spice powder;
- 2 tsp olive oil (instead of it you can take argan, almond or avocado oil);
- 1 egg white.
- As the dishes in which you will prepare the mask, choose containers made of glass or plastic.In no case do not prepare the mask in a container of aluminum or enamel: when these products interact with the metal, the process of destruction of vitamins necessary for the skin occurs.
- Mash the banana with a fork, grate it (again, only plastic) or grind it with a blender.
- Next, whisk the egg white into the lush foam.
- Grate the ginger root on a similar grater, squeeze the juice with gauze to make 1 teaspoon.
- In order, add ginger ingredients to the banana gruel, oil and season it all with protein foam.
- Gently mix the consistency until it becomes like a liquid cream or cosmetic milk.
- The mask is ready to use.
There are several options for making a ginger-banana mask, only with the addition of an apple in the first case, as well as mint, spinach and honey in the second.
In order to get the necessary beneficial consistency with an apple, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 medium-sized apple (as in the case of a banana, it must be ripe, without visible damage and fresh);
- 1 small ripe and certainly a whole banana;
- 1 tbsp. olive oil;
- 100 g of ginger root.
Did you know? Banana is the largest herbaceous plant on earth. Yes, contrary to the prevailing stereotype, a banana palm tree is not a tree at all, but a grass with a dense tree structure.
The algorithm for preparing a banana-ginger mask with an apple looks like this:
- Grate the root of the ginger and the apple on a grater, the banana to the state of gruel can be chopped in the same way or using a fork, blender, mixer.
- Combine the ingredients, then carefully pour in the olive oil.
- Mix all components thoroughly.
- After completing all the above steps, the product is ready to be applied.
Ingredients for preparing a ginger-banana mask with spinach and other elements:
- 1 ginger root (no more than 3 cm long);
- 0.25 Art. fresh mint;
- 1 tbsp. fresh spinach;
- 1 ripe banana fruit;
- 2 small spoons of liquid honey.
- As in the first two cases, chop the banana and ginger root.
- Beat in a blender or chop the greens very finely.
- Combine all components and mix them until smooth.
- The mask is ready to use.
Important! Since ginger is a hot spice, this mask can not only burn the skin, but also cause allergies, so it is best to first check the skin reaction in the area of the hand. Only after the absence of negative manifestations can a ginger-banana cream be applied to the face.
Skin preparation and mask application technology, frequency of use
To achieve the expected result, before starting cosmetic procedures, it is necessary to make the correct preparation:
- Tie your hair or clip it with a hairpin so that they do not cover part of the face or hang down.
- Clean the surface of the skin from accumulated dirt, greasy and sweat secretions. To do this, any cleanser suitable for your skin type is suitable: milk, toner, gel for washing, mousse or foam.
- Exfoliate dead cells of the epidermis with a scrub: after this, the skin absorbs all the necessary components better and faster.
- Pre-prepare a gauze mask to cover the face after applying the consistency - it plays an important role in achieving the effect, preventing the gruel from drying out quickly. This auxiliary element is sold in cosmetic stores or pharmacies, but you can do it yourself: just take the gauze of the required size and cut holes in it for the eyes.
- It is recommended to apply a banana-ginger mask with a special brush or cosmetic sponge. If you do not have these items, carefully apply the consistency with your fingertips.
- With a thin layer, spread the product on the skin of the face (without touching the eye and eyelids). You can also apply it to the neck and décolleté.
- Wait until the slurry on the skin dries slightly. Repeat the application of the mask 2-3 more times (without rinsing the first layer).
- Cover the masked area with a gauze dressing and wait 10-15 minutes.
- After that, gently soften the texture with cool water, slightly lower the degree of liquid and rinse the product completely.
- Apply a thin layer on the face, neck and décolleté with a non-greasy cream, serum or cosmetic gel.
- Applying a ginger-banana mask is not allowed in the following cases:
- increased sensitivity of the skin;
- the presence of deep ulcers;
- individual intolerance.
Thus, thanks to its many beneficial properties, the universal anti-aging, nourishing and moisturizing mask with ginger and banana will exceed all your expectations after regular use.