Ginger root for joints: healing properties of a compress, decoction, how to cook
Ginger has been known since ancient times as a spicy seasoning with a special taste and aroma. But, in addition to culinary properties, the root of the plant also has a therapeutic effect, helping in the fight against external and internal problems of the body.
The healing properties of ginger root
A wide range of healing properties of the plant is due to its rich composition. Ginger root contains almost all the necessary vitamins and amino acids, both interchangeable and irreplaceable. In addition, it contains beneficial ether compounds, minerals and phytosterols that improve the coronary system.
- Regular use of the product in food can positively affect many body systems:
- Digestive. The tool speeds up the metabolism and burns fats, regulates the water-salt balance, reduces the level of bad cholesterol. Coarse dietary fiber in the composition helps to eliminate toxins and toxins.
- Cardiovascular and circulatory. All the minerals and vitamins necessary for the health of the heart muscle and blood vessels are present in the plant: C, potassium, magnesium, B1, phosphorus, E, calcium, selenium. Elements regulate cardiac contraction, improve the elasticity of the walls of blood vessels and capillaries, strengthen cell membranes and improve transmission of nerve impulses. Thanks to the vascular strengthening effect, blood circulation and saturation of the body cells with oxygen and nutrients are improved. Copper, iron and tocopherols are needed for the formation of red blood cells.
- Immune. The product replenishes the vitamin-mineral reserve, without which the protective forces are weakened. Ascorbic acid is an indispensable means of preventing infections and viruses. Its activity in protecting the body lies in the inhibition of foreign cells. Vitamin A, E and selenium are participants in the synthesis and processes of generating antibodies, iron contributes to the production of white blood cells. B vitamins, zinc and selenium inhibit pathogenic microflora.
- Bone and muscle. In addition to minerals important for bone and muscle tissue, the root also contains amino acids. Arginine, valine, leucine nourish muscle cells, participate in the production of growth hormone, improve coordination of movements. Histidine, lysine and cysteine are responsible for cell regeneration, accelerate the recovery process, and participate in the formation of collagen.
Joint diseases can occur at any age and in any social situation, lifestyle. The causes of the occurrence are very diverse: changes in the hormonal background, malnutrition, bad habits, injuries, weakened immunity, chronic fatigue and vitamin deficiency. A brief description of the most common ailments:
- arthrosis - degenerative lesion, causes thinning of the cartilage tissue of the joints (knees, shoulders, elbows);
- rheumatoid arthritis - inflammation of the connective tissue of the joints;
- gout - inflammation of the joints caused by the deposition of uric acid salts;
- Ankylosing spondylitis (spondylitis) - An inflammatory, infectious autoimmune disease that causes inflammation and fusion of the spinal disc and joints;
- fracture - violation of the integrity of the bone due to a large load, from shock or fall.
Did you know? In traditional Indian cuisine, four varieties of flour are made from ground ginger root.
Regular intake of ginger inside will replenish the reserves of vitamins and minerals, strengthen the immune system. The product helps to restore strength after heavy physical exertion, normalizes energy metabolism and water-salt balance. The latter property is especially important for gout, ginger is able to dissolve salts and remove their excess. The pain symptom and edema in the above inflammatory processes are treated using the root externally.
Treatment of arthritis, gout, arthrosis will be more effective with auxiliary folk methods, for example, applying a compress. Prepare it from the pulp of the crushed root, often add honey. A napkin with medicine is applied to the clean skin of the diseased part of the body, wrapped with a plastic film for a warming effect, then a bandage is applied. The compress is held for about an hour. During this time, the active substances of the ginger preparation penetrate through the pores of the skin, relieving pain and internal inflammation.
Important! You can not put a compress if edema occurs: a warming effect can have a negative effect.
Ginger Oil Massage
Massage, in principle, is an integral part of therapy for the above joint diseases. The ache with arthritis, arthrosis and other inflammations brings tangible pain, which can be relieved with the help of the procedure. During the session, the muscles warm up, blood and lymph flow improves, which is especially useful for recovery from injury. In a fracture, gypsum is usually applied, which limits mobility, and massage restores tissue elasticity and sensitivity.
Oil can be bought, prepared industrially, it is more saturated with useful substances. Self-made recipe:
- The crushed root is poured with sunflower oil.
- Leave to brew for 3 weeks in a dark place.
- Filter the finished product.
Joint ointment and paste
An ointment or paste from ginger root is especially recommended for arthrosis of the knee joint. It helps to relieve pain and rheumatism. A medicine is prepared from the crushed root powder mixed with boiled water and glycerin (for viscosity). The medicine relieves stress, pain, accelerates the regeneration of cells of cartilage and connective tissue.
Ginger products for internal use
The use of ginger in diseases of the joints is indicated inside. Due to the rich composition, the prepared medicinal drinks simultaneously with external products will give a greater healing effect.
Ginger-lemon tea is recommended for gout, arthritis and arthrosis. The drink helps to remove salts from the body, regulate metabolism and cleanse the liver and kidneys of toxins. Both products contain calcium, which is necessary for strengthening the connective and cartilage tissue, both expand and strengthen blood vessels, improving blood circulation. Tea is prepared from freshly chopped root and lemon pulp, pouring them with boiling water.
Receiving a well-warm broth dilutes the blood, relieving pain and reducing swelling. Regular consumption of the drink not only muffles the inflammation process, but also eliminates its cause - the infection. Thanks to which mobility improves, pain syndrome decreases. Recipe:
- Grate the root.
- Boil water (40 g / 1 liter) and pour ginger.
- Put the mixture on fire, stirring over low heat, hold for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, strain.
According to reviews, alcohol tincture has the same properties as the drinks described above, but, given the alcohol base, it is absorbed into the blood faster, therefore, relief comes faster. In addition, the medicine can also be used externally, as a compress or rubbing.
Did you know? Merchants of Ancient Phenicia used ginger rhizome as an exchange currency.
Prepare tincture as follows:
- The crushed root of 20 g, pour 200 ml of alcohol.
- Leave for 7 days in a dark place.
- The finished product is filtered.
Regular consumption of the product as a seasoning of about 4-6 g per day will serve as an excellent prevention of many diseases, including autoimmune diseases like Ankylosing spondylitis.
For medicinal purposes, alcohol tincture is taken 10-15 drops 2-3 times a day after consultation with the attending physician (depending on the diagnosis).
Tea and decoction are drunk with various additives, not more than 2 cups per day. For a warming effect, you can add cinnamon or honey. It is possible to effectively treat joints and other ailments by supplementing the healing effect of tea or a decoction with various medicinal herbs. In summer, in the heat to quench your thirst, drink the drink chilled.
Contraindications and harm
Ginger can be harmful if you abuse it or ignore contraindications. The result will be heartburn, nausea, arrhythmia.
- You can not use the medicine in such situations:
- simultaneously with coagulants;
- kidney disease
- the presence of bleeding;
- allergic to the product;
- gastrointestinal ulcer.
Important! It is highly undesirable to take ginger or preparations based on it before the upcoming surgical operation.
Ginger - a wonderful plant that complements the daily diet as a spice, and in addition, supports health. Applying recipes of traditional medicine, combining external and internal means, you can forget about joint pain.