Can ginger be used for colitis?
India and China are considered the homeland of ginger. It was there that they first discovered that the root can be used not only as a food ingredient, but also as an effective medicine against a number of diseases. Due to its incredible properties, it has gained an advantage over tablets and is widely used in medicine and cosmetology.
Can ginger with colitis
Traditionally, the root is used as a culinary seasoning, for preparing refreshing drinks or medicinal mixtures for colds. Despite the many useful vitamins, amino acids and the possession of a healing effect, its use has a number of contraindications. So can the root be used in the treatment of colitis and how will it affect the gastrointestinal tract?
Nonspecific ulcerative colitis
The disease is characterized by an inflammatory process in the mucous membrane of the rectum.Symptoms are:
- severe bleeding disorder;
- rapid weight loss;
- lack of appetite and emotional instability;
- high body temperature;
- inflammation of the mucous membranes of the eyes and mouth, pain in the joints and muscles, liver damage.
Did you know? Most often, patients with UC (ulcerative colitis) are found in the United States. Their share is 50-60 people per 10,000 hospitalized.And people aged 20 suffer from this ailment–40 years.
With ulcerative colitis, the mucous membrane of the stomach and intestines can be very irritated, inflamed, or covered with ulcers. Treatment of such an acute manifestation of the disease can absolutely not be combined with ginger. After all, the eaten spice actively affects the shell of the affected organs. This can aggravate the condition and lead to the appearance of new ulcers.Acceptance of tinctures as a treatment is allowed with a sluggish course of the disease and low acidity, but only in small quantities and after consulting a doctor.
Chronic colitis (Crohn's disease), unlike UC, can affect not only the stomach, but also the entire digestive system from the oral cavity to the rectum.
Therefore, the symptoms are different:
- anorexia, nausea, rumbling in the stomach or belching;
- feces of a fragmented species and similar to sheep feces;
- dull, aching pain is concentrated in the lower abdomen or side. After eating, it intensifies;
- the pain is permanent;
- frequent urge to defecate - more than 15 times a day. In this case, loose stools are replaced by diarrhea.
Important! Similar bowel diseases can be hereditary. If one of the relatives suffered an illness, then the next generation has a risk of such a pathology. At the first symptoms, it is better to consult a doctor immediately.
Features of use for the disease
Often a stomach bacterium provokes a disease Helicobacter pylori. Once in the human body, it corrodes the intestinal mucosa and provokes the appearance of ulcers. This unique bacterium can survive in an acidic environment. It is with it that the root components are able to successfully fight during a period of disease remission or in the absence of ulcers.
Important! With any course of the disease, you can not get carried away with the use of ginger, because its excess will slow the healing of ulcers.
- Under the condition of low acidity, ginger tea based on wild rose helps. 30 berries are poured with ginger infusion and drunk during the day in small doses (60-80 ml at a time). The duration of this course is about 3-4 weeks.
- The benefits of the product are invaluable in the prevention of disease. Despite the sharp taste, the consumed ginger strengthens the mucous membrane and allows beneficial bacteria to multiply. Experts convince that eating at least 60 ml of any spice-based mixture will help prevent the disease and maintain a healthy body. To do this, it is enough to make simple drinks, infusions or use it pickled.
- Researchers at an American university have found that individual root nanoparticles can heal both ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease.The experiments that were carried out on mice showed that compounds from the plant contribute to the healing of ulcers, fight oxidation in colitis and even save from cancer. It is interesting that the vegetable contributed not only to the restoration of healthy cells, but also suppressed the activity of pathogens of inflammatory processes in the intestine. Such treatment has not yet been used in routine therapy, but its effectiveness has been scientifically proven.
Did you know? On May 19, in most countries of the world, a social action is being held in support of people with inflammatory bowel diseases. (VZK) The main architectural structures of the city are highlighted in purple, symbolizing the struggle with the VZK. The Colosseum, the Eiffel Tower, Niagara Falls and the statue of Christ the Savior also managed to light up in purple in past years.