Ginger-lemon tea: how to brew and drink properly
Traditional medicine practices the use of many herbs and seasonings with medicinal properties. Their inclusion in the diet makes it varied, tasty and healthy. About proven products such as ginger, lemon and honey are described later in the article.
The healing properties of honey, ginger and lemon
The useful and healing properties of a trio of lemon, ginger and honey have been known for a long time and have been successfully applied in practice for healing the whole body. These components are ideal in such a combination and have a beneficial effect, which consists in the following:
- ginger root has a warming effect, accelerates blood circulation, improves the digestive tract and removes poisons and toxins, it also contains antioxidants, which contributes to rejuvenation;
- lemon is rich in vitamin C, cleanses cells, and also strengthens the immune system;
- honey stabilizes the metabolism of fats, carbohydrates and proteins in the body, improves immune properties, it is not deposited on the hips with unnecessary weight, but is used as an energy source.
- In general, the effect of the combination of these products contributes to:
- optimization of protective properties against viruses and infections;
- accelerate metabolic processes;
- improving the activity of the digestive tract;
- cleansing of toxins and toxins;
- saturation of cells with necessary vitamins and minerals;
- alleviating the symptoms of colds and speeding up recovery;
- improving the condition of the skin, hair and nails;
- decreased appetite and weight loss.
And this is not the whole list of advantages of this trio, therefore tea with these ingredients is very often used in everyday life.
Did you know? Ginger root eliminates not only nausea (acts better than pharmacy drugs), but also from muscle pain.
A drink with ginger, lemon and honey is not only healthy, but also delicious. You can cook it in various ways. Other ingredients can and should be included in its composition, which will complement its benefits and make the taste unforgettable.
The simplest version of ginger tea is easy to prepare and consists of simple manipulations:
- Peeled and chopped ginger (about 30 g) in a teapot.
- Add lemon (1/2 or 1/3 part) and 3-4 tsp to the container. black or green tea.
- Pour boiling water over the mixture (about a liter) and let it brew for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour the drink into cups and add honey to taste.
Such a healing potion will help in the season of colds to strengthen the body’s stability, and if you get sick, it will speed up the healing process.
Important! Do not add honey to a hot drink. At temperatures above + 40 ° C, it loses its useful properties.
To support immunity, warming tea
Not only can you increase your body’s resistance to infections, but you can also warm yourself on a cold winter evening with tea, cooked as follows:
- A liter of water poured into an enameled pan or ladle, put on fire.
- Before boiling add 1.5–2 hours of grated ginger root and 2 hours of black tea.
- At the time of boiling in tea, throw 2 pcs. cloves and 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom.
- After boiling again, remove the drink from the stove and pour into cups.
- After that, add a slice of lemon and honey to the mixture to taste.
Slimming with the addition of green tea
Ginger-lemon-honey combination also shows a positive result in a decrease in appetite and weight loss. These components can be included in food in any form, but it will all be combined effectively and tasty in the form of tea. The following recipes will help not only get rid of extra pounds, but also improve your health:
- Brew in 150 ml of boiling water for 1 hour.green tea and 2-3 mint leaves, add grated ginger (2-3 small pieces) and a circle of lemon. A little later, dissolve 1 teaspoon of honey and a little cinnamon in the drink (on the tip of the knife).
- Boil in 1 liter of water 2 tbsp. grated ginger for 10-15 minutes. Add to the boiling mixture 2-3 leaves of mint or lemon balm and 1 tbsp. green tea. Set aside the mixture and pour into it 4 tbsp. lemon juice and dissolve 1.5 tbsp. honey.
- Grind ginger (a slice of about 3 cm), 2 cloves of garlic and half a lemon, add 1 tbsp. The mixture pour 0.5 liters of boiling water and leave for about 2 hours. After cooling, dissolve 2 hours of honey.
This tea is good to drink in the morning and throughout the day.. It will give strength and vigor, and also contribute to reducing hunger and losing weight. To these recipes, if desired, you can add a little milk, which will give an unusual taste and serve as a source of calcium and other useful substances.
For its bright color and unique properties, this spice is called "golden." It gives the dishes an inimitable taste and attractive appearance. A true elixir of health will be obtained in combination with turmeric with ginger, lemon and honey. Such tea will strengthen the immune system, remove toxins, maintain the tone of the body and serve as a natural antibiotic. Prepare it is not difficult:
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger root and 1/4 teaspoon turmeric, pour 200 ml of hot water.
- Put on fire and bring to a boil. Quench for another 3-4 minutes over low heat.
- After removing from the stove, leave for 15 minutes to insist.
- Pour into cups and season with lemon and honey to taste.
Such a tool also helps with loss of appetite, nausea and flatulence.
Did you know? In addition to white (Bengal) ginger, there is also Barbados (black) ginger. The black root does not need to be cleaned, it is enough to rinse it with boiling water before use.
With sea buckthorn
Bright and juicy sea buckthorn berries are a real storehouse of vitamins. The healing oil of this plant has been used in medicine for many years to treat a number of diseases. Tea with this wonderful berry will fill with energy and vitality, stabilize the immune, circulatory and nervous systems, as well as prevent colds and strengthen vision. You can prepare a healing drink in various ways, using various components:
- For one serving, you need to brew 1 teaspoon of black or green tea in a glass of boiling water. In a slightly cooled drink, add a little grated ginger (a third of a teaspoon), crushed sea buckthorn berries (1/3 tablespoon), honey and lemon to taste.
- For this recipe you need 2 tbsp. chopped ginger mixed with 100 g of crushed sea buckthorn and pour 0.5 l of boiling water. Add a cinnamon stick and a few slices of lemon. Insist 7-10 minutes and sweeten 1 tbsp. honey.
- A refreshing and thirst-quenching composition can be prepared with ice. For him, you need to take sea buckthorn berries (0.5 cups) + 1 tbsp. ginger root (grated or finely chopped) + 3 hours of green tea and pour 0.5 liters of boiling water. Shredded in a meat grinder or in a blender, 1 lime or lemon, as well as 2-3 sprigs of mint and ice cubes, are added after the tea is infused.
An indispensable tool in the fight against colds is raspberries, which act as a “natural aspirin”. They owe this effect to salicylic acid, which is part of their composition. Raspberry jam is a common cold medicine. And the combination of raspberries with a ginger-lemon-honey trio will not only heal, but also relieve fatigue and replenish the reserve of wasted energy. Tea with these ingredients turns out delicious and vitamin.
It can be prepared in a few minutes:
- Put in a teapot 2 tbsp. black or green tea and the same amount of grated ginger root and pour 500 ml of water.
- After 5 minutes of insisting add 2 tbsp. raspberry jam or mashed fresh raspberries and 2 slices of lemon.
- Sweeten with honey to taste and drink warm 2-3 times a day.
Cinnamon drinks have a number of benefits.Among which are: improvement of memory, concentration of attention, improvement of brain activity and normalization of blood circulation. A combination with ginger, lemon and honey, in addition to enhancing this effect, also helps to accelerate the metabolic processes in the body, cleanse it of harmful substances and increase immunity. The cooking process consists of several simple steps:
- Boil sliced ginger (about 15 g) in 1 liter of water (over low heat) for 10 minutes.
- A few minutes before cooking, add 1 stick of cinnamon (or 1.5 hours powdered).
- After turning off, add 2 lemon slices and a few mint leaves, let it brew for 5 minutes.
- Before use, dissolve 2-3 parts of honey in a drink.
Cinnamon lowers the concentration of sugar in the blood, so it is more advisable to add honey to the drink, rather than sugar.
In a thermos
The benefits and effectiveness of healing tea and infusion increase if you insist them not in a teapot, but in a thermos. So you can make almost any tea. Here is a simple version of such a drink:
- Chopped ginger root (about 3 cm), half sliced with lemon slices and 2 hours of green tea, place in a thermos. Pour boiling water over a liter.
- Insist about 3 hours.
- Add 3 teaspoons of honey and the drink is ready. The entire volume can be consumed during the day.
Contraindications and harm
- Despite the large number of advantages, the above recipes also have disadvantages associated with ginger included in their composition, so their use should be limited in such cases:
- ginger has an irritating effect, so it can be harmful in case of peptic ulcer or gastritis, as well as some other gastrointestinal problems;
- the root has a choleretic effect, therefore it is contraindicated in diseases of the liver and the presence of stones;
- at too high a temperature it can provoke an even greater increase in it;
- the ability to thin the blood makes it impossible to use for various bleeding;
- ginger increases pressure, so it is forbidden for hypertension;
- taken at bedtime, it can cause insomnia, so it is recommended to use it in the morning and during the day;
- can not be taken with allergies, as well as pregnant and lactating women.
Important! If you experience nausea, frustration, vomiting, or allergies, you should stop taking ginger.
Ginger root may affect the effects of certain medications:
- increases the effect of antidiabetic drugs;
- enhances the effectiveness of anticoagulants;
- may enhance the effect of cardiac drugs;
- interacting with depolarizing muscle relaxants can increase the risk of arrhythmia.
When introducing teas with herbs and seasonings into your diet, you should remember that in small doses it is a medicine, but if you exceed their volume, you can harm yourself and get the opposite effect, therefore, you should not abuse such products, but use them correctly. It is best to alternate between different formulations, experiment with different ingredients, getting benefits and pleasure.