How to make cherry jam?
Cherry - this is the berry that many love: both adults and children. But, unfortunately, you can treat yourself to a very short period with fresh sweet berries. And to prolong the feeling of summer, we advise you to prepare an unusually tasty and healthy treat for the winter, according to step-by-step recipes below.
A rational approach to the preparation of raw materials for the preparation of cherry jam, in which the technological features of processing berries are observed, is the key to obtaining a guaranteed result:
- Be sure to carry out the procedure for sorting berries, during which deformed specimens with signs of rot or mold are discarded from the total volume of fruits. Overripe berries should also not be used as raw materials.
- To preserve the cherry shape and integrity during the cooking process, the berries are pierced in several places (use a hairpin or a toothpick) and pour raw materials for 1 minute with boiling water.
- To release the cherries from the seeds, use a special device or an ordinary safety pin. The main thing is not to crush the fruits in the process of taking the core.
Important! The seeds, as a rule, are separated from the pulp extremely difficult, and their presence gives the finished product an additional aroma, therefore cook a treat in most cases with a bone.
Classic Cherry Jam Recipe
The jam, prepared according to the classic recipe, is not difficult, but it is very tasty and fragrant.
25 servings2 hours 25 minutes
Energy value per 100 g
- The berries are sorted, the stalks are removed, washed and laid out on an absorbent surface to dry the fruits.
- Each fruit is pierced with a sharp thin object. Such manipulation will allow you to maintain a holistic shape during cooking.
- Boil the syrup. To do this, pour water into the dishes with a thick bottom and add granulated sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil (constantly stirring the sweet mass). Sugar crystals should completely dissolve.
- Sweet cherry is gently poured into boiling syrup and wait until the berry mass begins to boil.
- Add cinnamon if desired.
- Cooking time on minimum heat is 60–90 minutes. The consistency and taste of the final product will depend on the duration of the heat treatment. If you prefer caramel notes on the palate and a more “sticky” consistency, you should cook the treat longer.
- Ready aromatic jam is laid out in a clean dry container, tightly rolled up. After complete cooling, remove the workpiece in a dark cool place for storage.
Did you know? Cherry is a raw material for the manufacture of green dye for the food industry.
Jam "Five Minute"
25 servings30-40 minutes
- Bones are extracted from the berries. Do this as accurately as possible, using a special device or using an English safety pin.
- The berries prepared in this way are covered with sugar for several minutes, since the juice from the lost integrity berries will stand out very quickly.
- The cooking process occurs with minimal heating, without adding water.
- As foam forms on the surface of the sweet substance, it is removed with a slotted spoon.
- After the start of the boiling process, it is necessary to boil the product for 5 minutes, and then remove from the stove. Pour jam into sterile containers, close with lids. In the inverted state, wrap the jars with a thick blanket or blanket and leave them to cool completely.
Video recipeJam "Five minutes" Video recipe: Jam "Five minutes"
From white cherries
30 servings 3 days 2 hours 50 minutes
Energy value per 100 g
- The pulp of white cherries should be separated from the seeds, after which the berry raw materials are placed in a large bowl filled with water.A small pinch of salt and a few drops of vinegar are added there.
- Syrup is brewed from granulated sugar and water.
- After 3 hours, the liquid from under the berries is completely drained and the fruits are placed in boiling syrup.
- The cooking procedure will be carried out for 3 days - in the morning and in the evening, each time bringing to a boil and boiling for 10 minutes, while stirring the product.
- After the last cooking stage, in which finely chopped lemon is added, the finished sweet treat is poured into jars, corked and stored.
Important! With this scheme of phased preparation, the berries in the finished product will turn out to be juicy, and the taste will be sweet, but without excessive cloying.
20 servings60 minutes
Energy value per 100 g
- The berries are washed (the bones are not removed) and laid in sterilized jars, after which boiling water is poured into them. Leave for 5 minutes.
- After time, the liquid from the cans is poured into a pan and brought to a boil. Repeat the manipulation one more time.
- Sugar is poured into a thick-walled pan and liquid from jars is poured there. Bring the substance to a boil and boil for 7 minutes, after which the syrup is poured into jars of cherries and tightly closed with lids.
- Cover the banks with a plaid. After complete cooling, they are stored.
Did you know? Cherry is used to make smoking pipes and mouthpieces from wood.
Ways to store at home
Sweet cherry blanks are recommended to be stored in a cool, darkened, dry room. In the event that the jam was made with seeds, such a product is not recommended to be used after 12 months of storage.
Cherry jam is a delicacy that will not leave anyone indifferent. And it can be prepared not only by experienced chefs, but also by novice housewives both from fresh and from sfrozen berries.