The most popular methods for harvesting cabbage with apple cider vinegar
Pickled cabbage is a favorite snack in the autumn-winter season. Tasty and crispy, it is suitable for both a festive table and for everyday. And if you replace table vinegar with apple, then this dish becomes more useful. Some of the popular and simple recipes are listed below.
For pickling, you need to choose only cabbage with juicy leaves. To prepare a salad, which will be eaten in the near future, summer varieties are quite suitable. But for long-term storage and winter harvesting, you need to take specimens of medium and late ripening. When buying cabbage, you need to carefully examine and feel it. The head of cabbage should be dense, without damage, cracks and decay, juicy. Before fermenting, forks need to be cleaned from the top leaves and rinsed. It can be cut into thin strips, large square pieces, and even large segments. But the smaller the cut, the faster the pickled leaves are pickled.
Carrots for salting need to choose hard and sweet (you can try it before cooking). Last year's sluggish root crops are better not to take, because they can ruin the taste of the whole dish. Before cooking, carrots need to be well washed and peeled. Most often, it is rubbed on a grater, sometimes cut into thin strips or slices.
Did you know? To make sauerkraut more useful, you need to cut it not into thin strips, but in large pieces. In large pieces of vitamins and minerals can be twice as much as in small ones.
Absolutely all sauerkraut marinade recipes contain vinegar. In most cases, this is table vinegar (9%) or vinegar essence (70%). But they can be safely replaced with apple or any other fruit vinegar. He will give the dish a spicy taste and make it more useful.
In addition to carrots, in a cabbage snack to change the taste, you can put other ingredients: garlic, beets, herbs, onions and various spices. Sometimes bell peppers or apples are added. Additional products should also be fresh, not sluggish, not spoiled and without damage.
Recipes for harvesting cabbage with apple cider vinegar for the winter
Pickled cabbage to taste is not inferior to sauerkraut: it crunches, refreshes, and also retains the beneficial properties of vegetables. Both snacks are ideal for any fish and meat dishes. Pickled and pickled vegetables can be an integral ingredient in other, more complex salads.. But the advantage of the marinade is that it speeds up the preparation of cabbage, and pickling is a longer process.
Important! Hot pickled vegetables cook very quickly, within a few hours or in 1–2 days. A cold pickle slows down this process.
Marinade is usually prepared by boiling water with salt and sugar (proportions may vary) and then adding sunflower oil and vinegar to it. Sliced and tightly packed vegetables in a container can be poured with both hot and chilled brine.
The classic recipe for quick salting
1 can of 3 l30 min / 24 hours
1 average head of cabbage
apple vinegar (4%)
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Chop vegetables: cabbage - in large square slices, carrots - in slices, beets - in thin slices, garlic - in not very small slices.
- Fold cabbage cubes tightly into the prepared jar, shifting them with the rest of the vegetables.
- Prepare the marinade: pour water into the stewpan, pour salt and sugar, put to boil. When the brine begins to boil, pour oil and vinegar into it. Bring to a boil, but do not boil.
- Pour the tamped vegetables in a jar with hot brine.If at once all the liquid does not fit, you need to wait half an hour and add the remaining marinade.
- Cover the vessel with a capron lid and leave at room temperature. In a day, pickled cabbage is ready.
Video recipeThe classic recipe for quick salting Video recipe: The classic recipe for quick salting
If you add bell pepper to the vegetables, cut into cubes or rings, the snack will be even tastier.
1 can of 3 l45 min / 48 hours
4 teeth (more possible)
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Marinade is prepared: sugar, salt, vinegar, oil and spices are added to boiling water. When the brine boils, it must be removed from the heat and cool.
- Cabbage and carrots are cut into thin strips (carrots can be grated), garlic should be chopped and mixed with vegetables.
- The vegetable mixture is tightly packed in a 3-liter jar (or in 3 liter jars) and poured with cold brine.
- The jar is closed with a plastic lid and put in the refrigerator for a day or two.
When serving, thinly sliced onion rings can be added to the dish.
Did you know? In the III century. BC e. pickled cabbage was a favorite dish in ancient China. The Chinese used rice wine as a marinade.
1030 min / 1.5 hours
bell pepper (red and yellow)
apple vinegar (6%)
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Prepare vegetables: wash, dry, peel the seeds, cut everything into thin strips, mix.
- Pour water into a stewpan, add salt, add sugar and vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Fold the vegetable mass in a pan and pour hot brine.
- After 1.5 hours, the spicy snack is ready.
Before serving, the dish can be seasoned with vegetable oil and sprinkled with herbs.
Cabbage marinated according to these recipes is cooked very quickly, and stored for a rather long time. Storage Methods:
- in a pan with a lid and in the refrigerator - several days;
- in a glass jar with a nylon cover, which is closed in a cold place - up to 3 months;
- in a sterilized jar under an iron lid - all winter and longer.
Important! For winter blanks, cans must be sterilized along with lids. Iron caps with rubber bands and screw are suitable.
Undoubtedly, cabbage marinated with apple cider vinegar is a very tasty and versatile appetizer. Fruit vinegar gives it a pungent flavor and pleasant aroma. In addition, it makes salad more useful than with vinegar essence.