How to ferment Beijing cabbage for the winter?
Pekingka (as the cabbage is popularly called) has a great taste and delicate structure, so it is not surprising that many try to harvest it for the future. If we consider the popular dishes of Beijing cabbage, it becomes obvious that their diversity is huge, but they are all delicious. The most popular recipes, as well as how to ferment this vegetable and how to store it, will be discussed later.
Is it possible to ferment Beijing cabbage
Harvesting this vegetable for the winter with the help of sourdough is not only possible, but also quite easy. Sauerkraut cabbage remotely resembles white cabbage to taste. Beijing contains amino acids, fiber, vitamins of various groups and minerals.
Important! People with problems in the digestive tract should use cabbage carefully.
As a result of the starter culture, all the useful elements that the Beijing vegetable contains can be preserved. Pekingka perfectly strengthens the immune system, helps prevent vitamin deficiency, helps to eliminate toxins and normalizes metabolic processes.
- This vegetable is recommended for:
- fight against extra pounds;
- hormonal disorders;
- problems in the functioning of the nervous system;
- heart dysfunctions.
On average, pickled vegetable has an energy value of 15 kcal per 100 g.
The preparation of any dish requires the preliminary preparation of all components. But for starter vegetables are not subjected to prolonged heat treatment, so salads from this vegetable are prepared easily and not for long.
Peking cabbage pickling recipes for winter
Winter is the period when you want to enjoy delicious and healthy salting. Peking cabbage is a wonderful vegetable, from which you can cook many preparations. This will require a minimum of effort and time.
Fermenting Beijing in this way is not difficult, and the finished dish will delight you with its exquisite taste.
640 minutes / 2–4 days
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- The secret to this recipe is to use live yeast. A little warm water is poured into the cup, sugar substitute is poured there (it is better to use organic stevia) and live yeast powder.
- The top leaves are removed from the vegetable. The stump is taken out along. Chop cabbage, carrots and salt.
- Stack vegetables in an enameled container. Cut the garlic, add to the vegetables and mix everything.
- The liquid that started to ferment is poured into the tank and water is added. The liquid should cover the entire mixture.
- Topped with sprigs of dill. Instead, you can use whole leaves of cabbage or gauze.
- Cover the mixture with a plate, put oppression and place in a warm place.
- After 2-4 days, the snack will be ready.
Classic Recipe Video Recipe: Classic Recipe
Souring with spices gives the dish a unique piquant taste (it turns out almost like a Korean salad).
1013 hours / 2-3 days
1 small head
red hot pepper
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Vegetable cut at the base. Gently separate the leaves.
- Salt is rubbed into each sheet, laid out in a container and left to salting for 12 hours. It is recommended to perform the operation in the evening, so that in the morning to begin the rest of the procedures.
- After 12 hours, the remaining salt is washed off the leaves. The right amount has already been absorbed into them.
- Garlic and pepper (sweet and hot) peel, remove seeds. They grind everything.
- Prepare a mixture of dry spices. Ginger, pepper and coriander are mixed, some water is added.
- Cabbage leaves are greased with the resulting spicy mixture, put in a container and left in a warm place.After 2-3 days, salting is placed in a cool place.
Important! Snack is not served with dairy products - it causes an upset stomach.
Ready-made cabbage in Korean is taken to a cool place (cellar or refrigerator). This dish is a national feature of Koreans. Fermentation according to such a recipe does not take much time, but it will delight with its piquant taste.
625 hours / 2 days
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Cabbage is removed from ugly, spoiled leaves, washed and cut into small pieces. Head of cabbage can be simply cut into 4 parts.
- Heated water, bring to a boil. Salt is added, dissolved. The resulting brine is poured into the prepared vegetable.
- The workpiece is sent to a warm place for a day. You can put a container near the stove.
- Prepare a mixture of spices. To do this, chopped garlic and pepper are mixed. For a good consistency, add a little water. A mass should be obtained that resembles thick sour cream in structure. It is sent for storage in the refrigerator for a day.
- After 24 hours, the liquid is drained from the cabbage (the juice and brine released), the pulp is taken out and each leaf is greased with a pepper mixture. Lubrication should not be too much, otherwise the salad will turn out too sharp and unfit for consumption.
- Treated cabbage is covered with a press, cleaned in a warm place and left for 2 days.
Important! It is better to lubricate cabbage leaves with a sharp mixture in gloves so as not to damage the delicate skin of the hands.
Ways to store at home
If the recipe does not provide for sterilizing cans, then salting is not suitable for long-term storage. The maximum shelf life of such a dish is 7-10 days. If salting is carried out with sterilization, then the shelf life can last up to three months. The best place to place salts is a dry, cool place (basement, refrigerator).
Delicious pickled Beijing cabbage salad can be prepared in a variety of ways. Regardless of the recipe chosen, the dish will turn out delicious and vitamin. There is, however, a slight drawback: salting is not suitable for long-term storage, so they will not be able to stock up for a long time.