Cauliflower in tomato: the best recipes
Cauliflower in tomato sauce is one of the most popular and delicious winter preparations, which occupies a worthy place among the traditional conservation of cucumbers and tomatoes. How to choose the raw materials for the spins, and how to cook the cabbage so that it turns out crispy and juicy, is further in the article.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
Cauliflower - A tasty and healthy vegetable that modern housewives have learned to harvest in the form of a variety of preservation. To make the appetizer tasty and aromatic, it is important not only to choose the right recipe for pickling, but also to choose high-quality raw materials.
To prepare the spins, you should choose:
- selected, without visible damage, rot, various spots, signs of pests and inflorescence diseases;
- dense, ripe “heads” of white or cream color (the presence of yellowness on the cabbage is evidence that it is overripe).
Did you know? The name "cauliflower" was not given because of its color. The fact is that heads of vegetable represent large inflorescences, hence the name came from.
Recipes for harvesting cauliflower in tomato juice for the winter
There are many different recipes for cooking cauliflower. However, homemade preparations made using tomato paste have a special piquant taste and extremely pleasant aroma.
for 10 cans of 0.5 l. 60 minutes
- Rinse the cabbage, sort it into inflorescences.
- Wash the pepper, core, cut into strips.
- Rinse the tomatoes, scald with boiling water, remove the skin.
- In banks lay inflorescences, several strips of pepper, bay leaf.
- Tanks with vegetables pour boiling water. Soak for 10-15 minutes. Drain the liquid.
- Prepare tomato sauce: chop the tomatoes, beat with a blender to a homogeneous consistency, add chopped garlic, peppercorns.
- Boil the tomato-garlic mixture, add tomato paste, vegetable oil, salt, granulated sugar, citric acid. Boil for 15–20 minutes over low heat.
- Pour the containers with tomato dressing, roll up metal lids.
Video recipeClassic Recipe Video Recipe: Classic Recipe
Important! Cauliflower has a low calorie content, due to which it can be successfully used in the diet menu.
In tomato sauce
5 cans of 0.5 l each 45 minutes
one small bunch
- Pour tomato juice into a large pot, add sugar, salt, vegetable oil and vinegar. Mix the mixture, bring to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Rinse the cabbage, divide into small inflorescences, boil in slightly salted water for 5 minutes.
- Strain cabbage raw materials through a sieve, wait until it cools.
- Rinse the pepper, free from seeds, cut into strips.
- Peel the carrots, grate on a medium grater.
- Rinse greens, cut into small parts.
- Peel the garlic, grate.
- In a boiling tomato pour lay cabbage, peppers, carrots, garlic and herbs. Mix the mixture and boil for 8-10 minutes.
- Pour pickled vegetables into previously sterilized jars, roll up metal lids.
Video recipeIn tomato sauce Video recipe: In tomato sauce
Cauliflower salad with vegetables and herbs turns out to be very colorful, aesthetically attractive, with a piquant spicy, unusual taste and amazing aroma.It is perfect as a separate snack or as a side dish for other dishes.
Did you know? Recently, scientists managed to develop new varieties of cauliflower in orange, purple and green. However, despite the change in color, the taste in these vegetables remained the same.
In tomato without sterilization
1.5 L40 minutes
- Rinse the cabbage, divide into inflorescences, boil in salted water for 5-6 minutes, put in a colander, set aside to cool.
- Rinse pepper, remove seeds, cut into squares of any shape.
- Pour the tomatoes with boiling water, peel, chop.
- Grind tomatoes and peppers by means of a meat grinder to a state of gruel. You can use a blender to chop vegetables.
- Add the sunflower oil, garlic, salt, granulated sugar to the tomato mixture, bring to a boil. Boil over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Pour inflorescences into boiling tomato sauce, boil over low heat for 10 minutes. 2-3 minutes before ready to pour vinegar.
- Place cabbage raw materials in containers, fill with sauce, roll with steel lids.
Important! Since vegetables are prepared without sterilization, the glass containers for storing the workpiece should be pre-sterilized by calcining them for several minutes in an oven or microwave.
Features of storage of blanks
In order for cabbage preparations to be preserved throughout the winter season, it must be ensured that air cooling is organized immediately after the cans are rolled up. To do this, immediately after rolling up, the cans are turned upside down, wrapped in a warm blanket or towel, allowed to cool completely.
After this, containers with salads can be sent to a storage room, which must meet the following requirements:
- temperature indicators - not higher than + 15 ° С;
- relative air humidity - within 65–90%;
- A dry, well-ventilated place, protected from direct sunlight and located away from heat sources.
Under such conditions, the shelf life of preservation is about 10-12 months.
Did you know? The largest cauliflower was grown by American Peter Gleizebrook in 2014. The weight of the vegetable was over 27 kg, and its length was 1.8 m.