Delicious recipes for making watermelon marmalade
Watermelon marmalade is a delicious natural sweet, which is quite simple to make at home. Read on how to make a homemade sweet product and how to store it correctly.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
To make marmalade dessert from watermelon, you need to choose and prepare the ingredients correctly. It is best to take sweet varieties of watermelon, such as Astrakhan, Melitopol 60, Zenith or Volzhanin. These fruits have a bright red pulp, it is very juicy and has a loose structure. The berry should be without diaper rash, deep scratches and rotten patches.
To make a natural dessert, you need to choose a watermelon according to such external criteria:
- the peel should have a glossy surface with a clear pattern;
- also it is durable and resilient;
- when it is damaged, a characteristic smell of freshly cut grass appears.
The fruit must be washed well before cooking the marmalade. For the washing procedure, baking soda and a non-rigid brush are used, which thoroughly clean the entire skin. After rubbing with soap, the fruit is washed with warm water and wiped dry with a cotton towel.Fig or candied fruit is also made from the peel of the fruit. To do this, you need to properly trim the skin of the fruit. The flesh is cut with a sharp knife, leaving it on the crusts by 0.5 cm.Then it is necessary to clean the top layer of the crust from the picture, leaving only the white-pink part, which is suitable for making a dessert dish.
Did you know? In 2012, Gummi Bear Factory made the world's largest gummy bear-shaped marmalade sweet. She weighed 600 kg and was 1.7 m high.
Step-by-step recipes for making watermelon marmalade
At first glance, it might seem that making marmalade dessert from watermelon is not at all difficult. However, to achieve the desired result, you must follow all the rules and comply with the cooking technology.
Simple Pulp Recipe
400 g3 hours 40 minutes
watermelon juice with pulp
Calories (nutritional value) per 100 g:
- To begin the preparation of dessert, it is necessary to prepare the juice, for which the flesh must be separated from the crust of the watermelon and passed through a juicer.
- Mix sugar with pectin with a whisk until smooth.
- Pour juice into a saucepan and heat to a temperature of + 60 ° C.
- Pour sugar with pectin into warmed juice, stirring with a whisk. Continuing to mix the juice with sugar, bring the mixture to a boil and stir in glucose syrup.
- Cook the mass to a temperature of + 108 ° C, which will take about 30 minutes. After that, turn off and add citric acid mixed with water.
- Stir the mixture with a whisk for 2 minutes. After pouring into the mold and let cool for 3 hours at a temperature of + 20 ° С.
- Cut the cooled dessert with slices using a moistened knife and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Video recipeA simple recipe for pulpVideo recipe: A simple recipe for pulp
Did you know? In English-speaking countries, the word marmalade means jam, and exclusively from citrus fruits.
From watermelon peels
800 g3 hours
Calories (nutritional value) per 100 g:
- Grind the peeled crust of watermelon in a blender to a pulp mass.
- Stir the sugar with the resulting mass and pour orange juice into it.
- Bring the resulting mixture to a boil and simmer for 60 minutes. Every 3-4 minutes, stir the mass to avoid burning.
- After an hour of cooking, stir in gelatin diluted in water and orange zest.
- Vigorously stir the boil, bring the substance to a boil and turn it off.
- When the dessert cools down a little, pour it into the molds and leave to cool for 2 hours at a temperature of + 20 ° С.
To keep the product as long as possible, it is necessary to create optimal conditions for its content. Marmalade is best stored in glassware, which is hermetically sealed. In order to properly place the product in a jar, you need to follow the recommendations: cover the bottom of the container with parchment, and in order to prevent marmalade from sticking, sprinkle each layer with powdered sugar.
Important! The natural dessert is kept at a relative humidity of 70% and an air temperature of + 15 ° C; It is also necessary to avoid direct sunlight on the product, otherwise it will deteriorate.
A container with gelatin delicacies can be kept in a cupboard or basement for 60 days, and if pectin is included, then 90 days.Cooking marmalade from watermelon is not as easy as it might seem. However, recipes for the preparation of goodies can be simple and moderate, so each culinary person will be able to choose for themselves the degree of complexity of the dish and please their loved ones with a natural home-made product.