After onion stomach ache
Often, green onions and raw onions cause unpleasant, painful sensations in the stomach. The fact is that the composition of such products includes substances that, getting on the mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract, cause irritation and strong separation of hydrochloric acid, which causes unpleasant symptoms. What to do if your stomach hurts from onions or garlic - read below.
Onion hurts stomach
Usually, the use of the product in moderation in healthy people does not cause any symptoms.
The most common causes of pain after consuming piquant vegetables are diseases associated with gastrointestinal dysfunction.
Did you know? In the Middle Ages, knights always on the crusades took with them a supply of onions. The French used it not only as food, but also as an exchange currency - for 8 bulbs it was possible to redeem a captured comrade from the enemy.
Causes of Pain
The main reasons for the appearance of pain after eating raw bulbous crops:
- Gastritis - a disease of a chronic course. It is characterized by inflammatory and inflammatory-dystrophic changes in the mucous membranes with a violation of regenerative functions. During the course of the disease, part of the epithelial cells and normal glands are replaced by fibrous tissues, under the influence of an increased amount of gastric juice. The progression of the disease leads to deviations in the functionality of the gastrointestinal tract, primarily secretory.The acute phase can be manifested by severe pain, vomiting, and diarrhea. An exacerbation can be caused by a single exposure to the irritant - spicy, salty, hot food or the ingestion of chemical irritants, certain groups of drugs.
- Ulcer - local disturbances in the gastrointestinal mucosa, sometimes even with the capture of the submucosal layer. In other words, wound surfaces are formed on the mucous membranes under the influence of hydrochloric acid, pepsin and bile secretion. This disease is characterized by a relapsing course, manifested by phases of remission and exacerbations. Exacerbations usually occur seasonally (in spring and autumn). When the ulcers heal, scars remain on the mucous membranes.
- Poisoning - After poisoning, pain may occur. The fact is that after severe irritation, the mucous membranes need to be restored, and under the action of the substances contained in the onion, the gastric juice begins to be secreted faster, which leads to even more inflammation of the affected tissues.
- Gastroenteritis - A disease affecting the gastric tract and small intestine. It is caused by viruses, E. coli, and other pathogens. It manifests itself more often in acute form, less often a chronic course is observed. The main symptoms are vomiting, diarrhea, severe pain. For this type of lesion, special therapy and a diet that excludes spicy foods such as bulb crops are needed. Neglect of these requirements leads to the resumption of symptoms of the acute phase.
- Pancreatitis - unites a group of diseases and syndromes characterized by the presence of inflammatory processes of the pancreas.With this disease, enzymes from the pancreas do not enter the duodenum, but begin to act immediately in place, which leads to tissue destruction. The treatment of such an ailment also involves restrictive diets that exclude spicy foods.
Onion use for gastritis and peptic ulcer
It is possible or not, to use raw bulb cultures for gastritis and peptic ulcers, based on the individual characteristics of the patient and the intensity of the course of the disease. Many experts recommend introducing the product in question into the daily diet in limited quantities of patients with gastritis, in order to avoid the formation of ulcers on the walls of the gastrointestinal tract. Due to the content of phytoncides and a number of minerals in combination with vitamins, the vegetable has an antibacterial effect, preventing the growth of bacteria Helicobacter pylori, which are most often provocateurs of the development of the disease. But, with the appearance of ulcers, you must immediately exclude the onion from the diet.
Important! Before introducing raw onions into the diet, be sure to consult a doctor.
During periods of remission with gastritis, it is allowed to introduce fresh onion feathers into the diet, as part of salads. A day is allowed to eat no more than 50 g. In this case, it is necessary to monitor the state of your health and the body's reaction to food. If symptoms such as bloating, nausea, belching, pain occur, you should immediately exclude products from the diet.
How to eliminate pain and symptoms?
If after eating onions the stomach began to hurt, the following actions should be taken:
- Drink small sips of 2-3 glasses of water.
- Take Riabal in a dosage recommended by age.
- Lie down a bit.
After reducing the intensity of the pain syndrome, you should immediately consult a doctor to identify the cause of this condition. If the pains are too strong, you should immediately call an ambulance, because some gastrointestinal diseases can be asymptomatic, and severe pain after consuming onions can indicate serious disorders that cannot be stopped at home.
Important! Introducing fresh roots of onion crops into the diet, do it gradually, starting with 10 g of the product. With a normal body reaction, daily increase the serving by 5–10 g.
In the presence of gastrointestinal diseases, the consumption of raw onions can cause unpleasant painful sensations and provoke their exacerbation. If there is bloating, nausea, cutting pain, you must immediately exclude such food from your menu and seek qualified help from a doctor.